Sixth Letter

Dearest Best Friend,

How are you? Me? I'm doing well and I hope you are too. Today is the 6th grade graduation day and you know what? I got an award and it is Most Quiet, yeah I know... And I am pretty sure you are laughing right now. How about you? Did you get any awards during your graduation? I think you have one and maybe it is in academics because you so good in all of it. I bet you got a boyfriend already, oh how I wish I was there to support you with your boyfriend like giving you some advice and of course, teasing you. You didn't know that I like to tease you. Hahaha!

You know I was praying to go back to our school for my incoming freshman year in high school but my parents are against it because the tuition fee is very expensive and they decided to transfer me to a private school, co-ed private school. Yes, I promised to you but I have to break that promise. After all, this is fate. Me and my parents along with my siblings went to that school and I took an entrance examination and what happened next? I was praying not to pass the entrance examination, so I can go back there... the same school where you are my dear best friend. But in my surprised I was passed. I was sad when I saw the results, my parents were happy because I passed the entrance examination; actually, they knew that I can do it, I just don't want to study. My brain can function so well. It was just me who doesn't want to work with it. While celebrating, I was only forcing my smile in front of them.

On that night, you called me you asked me why... why did I break the promise? Our promise! Yes, I promised to you that I'm going back, right? But that didn't happened. Your voice is mixed with anger and sadness. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I broke our promise. Didn't I explain to you everything on the phone?! My heart was breaking when I felt that you got mad at me. I apologized to you so many times. I still care for you. You are my best friend and best friend cannot be broken. Just because I broke that promise even our friendship is already on the thin thread. I wanted to call you, but I guess you are busy and don't want to talk to me. Even if we were separated, you are still my best friend and no one can replace you.

I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, S. I hope you forgive me.

Your ex-best friend,

M