x.

Please read the authors note at the end!

Hadley Andrews has spent two weeks away from the hospital so far. Those weeks were decent. It was better than sitting in the hospital just listening to the other interns talking about the amazing cases they've been assigned to. Hadley has spent her downtime with Phillip, her boyfriend. He makes her happy, she discovered.

     The day Hadley was released from the hospital, Phillip Jackson was there to drive her home. On the way, he treated her to lunch at a steakhouse. There, he gave her his dog tags and they became a couple.

     Phillip saw the way Hadley was living. She lacked furniture, toiletries, and everything necessary for comfortable living--minus the feminine products she asked Phillip to bring her in the hospital as a way to show George what a real man was like.

      The veteran didn't like the idea of his girlfriend living like an animal. He insisted that Hadley moved into his oceanfront condo with him despite the fact that they just started dating. She did without hesitation.

Hadley has been living with Phillip since she was released from the hospital two weeks ago. He treats her like a princess and never makes her lift a finger. He has expressed how much he worries about her and how much he fears her return to work.

He will miss the days they spend binge watching How I Met Your Mother and CSI. He savors the moments he has with her.

"Hah! I knew it! I told you he did it!" Hadley shouts, slapping Phillip across his bare chest. They sit on their bed with the navy blue comforter pulled over their torsos. CSI plays on the large flatscreen on the opposite wall. Hadley's head rests on her boyfriend's shoulder as he gently rubs her shoulders.

"You were right," Phillip says, his voice low and raspy, sleep still clinging onto his voice. "Do you want your prize now, babe?"

Hadley laughs, nodding her head. Phillip smiles, leaning down to kiss her forehead. His lips move down, planting kisses all over her face until he reaches her neck. He gently nips before Hadley lightly pushes him away.

"We should stop. Grayson will be here soon and I really don't want to be wearing my underwear when he does," Hadley says with a laugh, slowly climbing out of bed. Quick movements have caused minor dizziness since the accident.

     "I swear, if that O'Malley kid comes by again, I'm going to rip his throat out," Phillip grumbles, walking towards his open closet.

     Hadley slips on her pants. "He's just being nice. Don't think anything of it. Everyone at the hospital somehow things I'm a lesbian or something."

     Phillip erupts into billowing laughter, "How did that even happen?"

     "I don't know, Phillip. If someone's spreading rumors, I don't know how I will face people," Hadley states, pulling her long sleeved shirt over her head.

     Hadley feels a pair of arms wrap around her torso from behind. Phillip's head rests on her shoulder. He whispers in her ear, "You shouldn't care what they think, Hads. You're beautiful, one of a kind, and a hero. I'm lucky you're mine."

     "I'm not a hero."

     "You saved that guy's life. If you weren't there, he would have bled out."

     Hadley turns around, pulling herself out of Phillip's arms. Tears sting her eyes.

     "I couldn't save my mother, though. I'm a monster. I just stood there and watched her burn to death," she cries, hiding her face with her hair.

      "Baby, look at me," Phillip demands, placing his hands against Hadley's shoulders. Her eyes meet his with a strong attraction. "You are a hero. You could have done nothing to save her, but she's looking down on you with a smile. You save lives for a living. That's all you, Hads. You're my hero. You're her hero. You are a hero. And I love you."

———————————————————————————

Alright, so I have a question.

When do you want Hadley to return to work? What season do you see fit? I've tried to choose myself, but I don't have a clue!

But I just published a new Greys fanfiction.

Over the weekend, I finished season 6, and I was prompted to start a Jackson Avery fanfiction, therefore I started one! I'm super excited for it! Please do check it out and add it to your libraries!

Who do you want Hadley to end up with?

Do you ship her with Phillip?

Is Phillip really perfect?

Thanks for sticking with me for the long while without updates!

I love y'all!

Maddy