Sixteen

Dan's POV

When Dan woke up again, he thought that everything was back to normal. Him and Phil were still talking, PJ wasn't messing with his feelings, all of the drama in general was gone. But of course, reality set in.

  He'd been sleeping quite a lot these days. Usually, he got about 4 or 5 hours, but lately, he'd been out for 7 to 8 hours at a time. It was actually nice, waking up and not wanting to immediately go back to bed. Not having any bags under his eyes, no headaches.

  Looking at his phone screen, he groaned. It was 2 o'clock in the morning. He was starting to resort back to his old ways. And he didn't have anything to do to pass that time. Before meeting Phil, he'd just stayed inside all night, wasting away in front if his computer screen. And 'exploring' London.

  That was perfect. He hasn't been to that coffee shop in some time, maybe he'd go and drop by. It would also help to distract him from thoughts of Phil and PJ. Even if that was where he had first met Phil. He'd made up his mind. He got dressed, pulling on some clothes and quickly brushing his hair that was sticking up slightly. After grabbing his phone and keys, he walked out the front door and out into the dark and empty streets.

                   *************

  Chris's POV

  PJ had been acting weird lately, and Chris was a bit worried.

  After the awkward confession session, they had only seen each other a few times, and only spoken about twice. Chris understood partly, seeing as they could barely look to each other without blushing fiercely and quickly looking away. But even PJ got over the most tense of situations, and seeing as he hadn't gotten over this yet, Chris knew that something big was going on.

  He walked around, always deep in thought. His eyes always seemed to be far away, as did his attention. He didn't pay attention to anything for too long, and Chris usually had to call his name a few times to drag him back to the real world.

  Chris thought it most likely had something to do with Dan.

  After Chris had rejected him, he'd been spending way too much time with Dan, and lately, he'd been hanging around more, but that look was in his eyes.

  It had to be Dan.

  Did PJ like Dan? PJ had told him he had feelings for Chris, but maybe he was second guessing. Chris definitely had feelings for PJ, and if he didn't feel the same way anymore, years if his life, 4 to be exact, would have been a waste.

                      ***********
Dan's POV

  Dan rounded the corner, right down the street from the cafe. He was actually happy that he was going here. It had been a while, and he was looking forward to just spending mindless hours in the warm shop, just sitting and not being a bother to anyone else.

  As soon as he walked in the door, he knew he had made a terrible mistake.

  Phil sat in the very back of the shop, a cup of steaming coffee in front of him and a book resting open on the table with his head bent over it. He was so engrossed known the words that he hadn't even noticed someone else was in the shop. Dan took this time to really look at Phil since he'd last seen him, at 4 am yesterday. He looked extremely pale, more so than usual, and he had slight bags under his eyes, showing he hadn't gotten much sleep.

  As if he sensed Dan thinking about him, Phil looked up suddenly and locked eyes with Dan. They stared at each other for a moment, then Phil smiled at him softly. Dan breathed a sigh of relief. At least he didn't seem mad anymore. Cautiously, he made his wages through the other chairs and tables, and sat across from Phil.