eight

I pulled into the driveway as the sun was starting to finally set. It was about 7:00pm.

After school Sophia and I went to go get some coffee at the local cafe. We just hung out and talked. Basically continuing our conversation from the library.

I shut off the car and just sat there in silence. It was quite nice.

I would always hangout with my friends. I love them to death, but, it makes people think I'm a talkative, outgoing person.

Truthfully I think of myself as more on the quiet side. Anyways sometimes it's nice to just stop and think for a moment.

I figured it was time to get out of the car and get into the house. I grabbed my bag and walked through the front door.

My mom was sitting on the couch, watching tv.

"Hey honey!"

"Hey mom! Where's Jaeden?"

"Oh I think him and a few of the other boys are outside in the back yard,"

I thought for a moment.
"Oh okay, I'll be upstairs if you need me,"

"Alright love."

I was about to walk upstairs to my room, when I figured I would see who was here and, what they were doing...

I walked through the kitchen and looked out the window.

Jaeden, Jack, and Finn, were sitting on the back patio. Where's Wyatt? He's always with them.

I went to the back door and made my way out. I shut the sliding door behind me and made my way towards them.

"Hey y/n, where you been?" Jaeden asked.

"Oh, I was with Sophia, What are you guys up too?"

"We were getting ready to make a bonfire, wanna join, since your home now?" Finn asked.

"Yeah sure. Where's Wyatt?" I asked.

"Not sure. He told us he had a date, he said he might stop by later though," Jack replied.

I felt my checks get warm with anger. Why?
Why did I care about where Wyatt was.

I need to stop, only for the best.

"Oh, makes sense. I'll be back down in a bit for the fire, I'm gonna go change or something,"

"Okay," Jaeden replied.

"Fine with me," Jack smiled.

And "Alrighty," was Finns reply.

I made my way back inside and went upstairs.

I opened the door to my room and kicked my shoes off as I shut the door behind me.

I looked up and dropped my bag in my hand.

"Wyatt?"