Chapter 18 - Edited Once

Amazing cover made by NightmareWritezZx

Why did I agree to go swimming? I don't even know how to swim! I had a death wish when I said yes to Jaxon.

I know it's supposed to be easy, but I drown whenever I'm in the water.

Simple.

My ego won't let me tell Jaxon...

This should be good.

"You coming?" Jaxon asked me as he jumped into the hot water like it was a piece of cake... It wasn't.

But, it was hot, alright. If you know what I'm talking about!

I waved my hand and dismissed him like I was the queen of coolness. "Yeah, in a bit," I said, then sat on a chair and looked at the water. Well, what was in the water to be more accurate.

He was so muscular but not in an ugly way where you look like a giant potato pack. It was satisfying to look at him. He was tall. He was standing in the middle of the pool, and the water was reaching his neck.

To be honest, I prefer this position. Here, sitting in peace, not struggling to breathe, and he is there, showing me an incredible view, is just perfect. And those tattoos are killing me.

Can a person be this handsome?

I was brought back to reality when he splashed water on my face. "Ariel, come on, the water is hot," he called with a grin. I grinned back for a different reason.

No... You're hot. Well, I have to get in sooner or later. I prefer later, though, but he's a pain.

I sighed and got up. "Okay, okay," I waved my hand in annoyance. Here I am, doing something I will probably regret later. I started going down into the water, and it was indeed warm. I grabbed the pipe real tight.

I'm not dying today.

"What's wrong? Come here." Jaxon insisted that I should swim to the middle of the pool. Great. I can not swim! Get the hints, you idiot.

"Just a second," I dived into the water to see how deep it could get. You know, to make sure that if I drowned, I'd be able to jump and take a breath.

I'm exaggerating, right?

~~~

Jaxon

I saw Ariel dive into the water looking like a scared angel, so I decided to have a little fun and surprise her. I swam towards her without her noticing me, then grabbed her waist.

She jumped from the water and took a deep breath out of shock. "For the love of Oreos! What the hell are you doing? Dude, don't scare me like that," she exclaimed with her wet lips, and her eyes twinkled with anger.

Her lips look perfectly soft. Her eyes are so beautiful; she is gorgeous, and there's no argument with that.

I shrugged my shoulders and then grinned. "I got bored. Come with me," I replied, then started swimming with Ariel in my arms to the middle of the pool. She looked at me with a panicked face. I smirked and swam further and further into the deep water.

"No! get me back, please!" She pointed out with a nervous laugh, then put her hands around my neck and grabbed me real tight. It was amusing to see her like that.

She was holding for her dear life. Could she be...

"Can't you swim?" I asked, raising my eyebrows while waiting for her reply.