22

Evelyn's POV

Tom had already devoured my ice cream cone and I settled for the blueberry ice cream that he "couldn't stand" because it tasted too weird. Harrison and Kaya were talking about this pub down the street that they wanted to go to and figured after ice cream they would go for drinks. I think Tom was going to go but I wasn't up for going out anymore, besides I had beer to finish at home before it expired.

I was snapped out of my daze as Harrison said my name repeatedly to capture my attention.

"Evie are you coming with us?" He asked, wagging a finger between him and Kaya.

"I think I'm gonna pass, I'll just walk home or call a cab." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I could drive you." Tom piped up, looking at me.

"Oh you don't have to-"

"Let me, your house is like ten minutes away from mine it's no trouble." He smiled at me. I slowly nodded my head, I listened to Kaya and Harrison talk while Tom was scrolling on his phone. As I was staring into the cup of melted blue ice cream, mixing it around with the spoon.

"Should we get going now?" Kaya asked. Harrison responded with a head nod and I looked up at the two beautiful blondes.

"I'll text you." Kaya said as she leaned over to give me a hug and I nodded my head.

"Stay safe." She whispered before winking at me leaving me confused as she got up with the chair screeching against the floor to say bye to Tom and leave him with an annoying comment. Harrison waved to me as he started to make his way out of the parlor, with Kaya following behind.

"If they ever get married and have kids their babies will be gorgeous." I commented, looking at the two going through the door.

"If they ever did get married they'd be a train wreck."

I laughed at his comment, watching him stand up and grab the cup of ice cream, waiting for me to get up to leave too. I thanked the cashier for the ice cream on the way out with Tom in front of me clicking his keys to unlock his car doors.

___________

"Do you want to come in? I have beer and stuff in my fridge I need to finish them before they expire." I hesitantly asked Tom as I unbuckled my seat belt, pointing to my apartment.

"Uhh sure." He shut off his car, grabbing his keys as we both exited the vehicle and I searched through my bag to find my keys. I successfully found my keys and unlocked the door for us, I slipped off my shoes revealing my grey socks and threw my keys on the kitchen counter.

"So why didn't you choose to hang with the blondes tonight?" I asked, putting my bag on the stool and proceeded to the fridge in the kitchen waiting for Tom's response.

"I dunno actually, they can be too much when they're together sometimes."

I grabbed two beer bottles from the fridge and opened the drawer grabbing the bottle opener and popping both of the lids off.

"Why didn't you choose to go?"

"I spent the whole freaking day with them, sometimes they would fight and then they would just act like children and be rowdy, don't get me wrong- I love them both to pieces it's just" I handed Tom the beer bottle as he turned on my Telly and put it on the music station. So a soft indie rock sounded through my home.

"They can get on my nerves a fuck ton." I sighed, taking a swig from the bottle as I sat down next to Tom on the couch. He looked at me while he swallowed hard.