Chapter XXIX

‘Knew she liked him.’ I told Remus and Sirius as we walked to the great hall together. ‘Told you from the beginning.’

‘No you didn’t.’ Sirius told me.

‘Uh, yes I did. Right Moooooony?’

‘You can stretch out the O as long as you want but I’m not saying you’re right when you’re not.’

‘But I am right!’

‘No you’re not.’ Sirius joined in again.

‘Oh shut up.’

‘You shut up.’

‘Nice. Mature.’

‘You’re one to talk!’

‘Do you always have to be like this?!’ Remus said.

‘Yes.’ Sirius and I said at the same time.

‘It’s what makes us a cute couple.’ I joked cheekily, pinching Sirius’ cheek. He glared at me.

‘Do that again and I will bite you.’ He told me. That made me wonder how I’d taste, when I asked them that they just rolled their eyes and sighed.

‘Fine then.’ I said my tone offended. ‘I’ll go ask Lily, at least she’s honest.’

----------- 

‘Because you can’t Faith!’ Lily told me sternly.

‘Why nooooooooot?!’ I whined like a five year old.

‘Because people think you’re a cannibal when you ask them how they taste!’ A stern look joined her stern voice.

‘But Lilyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.’ I whined again.

‘No means no Faith! They’ll lock you up.’

 ‘Lock me up in wheeeeeere?’ I asked cheekily.

‘In Azkaban.’ An unintended shiver ran across my spine.

‘That’s not very nice is it?’

‘No.’  

‘I DON’T WANT TO BE LOCKED UP!’ I yelled loudly in her hear making her flinch and hit me.

‘If you yell in my ear again I’ll make sure they’ll lock you up in a mental ward in St. Mungo’s!’

‘Oh come on! You should be the one locked up!’

‘What the hell are you talking about? You’re the crazy one!’ she said sounding rather offended. Then she spotted James and Sirius. ‘Ey James, Sirius? Who’s the weird one? Faith or I.’

‘That’s not even a real question is it?’ Sirius asked.

‘Faith of course!’ They then added in unison. I flicked them off. Sirius picked me up by my waist and threw me over his shoulder.

‘Are you ever nice to anyone!?’ He asked me.

‘Will you ever stop picking me up like that?’

‘Nope.’

‘Well there’s your answer.’ I saw him roll his eyes as he put me down again. I faked a shudder. ‘You’re a danger for yourself, Black.’ I told him sternly.

‘You’ll go to Azkaban for murder one day I just know it.’ James joked and I giggled, Sirius just glared.

‘Aah come on Padfoot, we’re just joking.’ He pouted, it was obviously fake though. It looked really cute on him. What the hell! FOCUS FAITH FOCUS. What’s wrong with me?!

A lot.

Yeah I know.

Am I seriously having a conversation with myself?  What’s wrong with me?!

I thought we’d been over this before?

Oh go away me!

‘Uh Faith? Helloooooo? Earth to Faith, the mother ship wants you to land.’

My mind snapped back to the conversation. ‘Mhm? Sorry what?’

‘Did you hear a word of what I just said?!’ Lily asked in an annoyed tone.

‘Nope.’ I said happily. My smile grew wider when she glared at me.

I love being me. Nah just kidding it sucks sometimes.

Tell me about it!

What the hell I thought I told you to leave!

Oh you did but I’m so awesome I stayed.

WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME?!

We’re really discussing that again?

‘LILY!’ I yelled ,my eyes big with fear, wrapping her in a hug.

‘What’s wrong Faith?’ She asked worriedly.  

 ‘There’s someone in my head!’ I whisper yelled.

She looked at me weirdly. ‘Say that again?’

‘THERE’S SOMEONE IN MY HEAD GET HER OUT!’ I screamed.

‘Remember the mental ward we discussed earlier? We might need to reconsider that.’ She laughed a little.

‘THIS ISN’T FUNNY LILY!’ I yelled. ‘She’s still in there.’ I whispered.

‘Yeah, we’re bringing you to Madam Pomfrey’s. She’d be happy to see you. It’s been almost a week, I’m sure she has missed you.’ She softly pushed me in the direction of the castle.

‘I told you earlier that you had to get her checked up.’ I was vaguely aware of James talking to Sirius.

‘NOO THE KOALA’S!’ I shouted.

Oh shut up you’re hurting my non-existing ears!

NO! You shut up!’

You shut up!

You shut up!

I told you first!

Well I told you second!

‘LILY!’ I shouted again. ‘SHE’S ARGUING WITH ME! She isn’t allowed to argue with me!’ I broke into sobs.

‘Okay that’s enough.’ Sirius said with a sigh. He wrapped his strong warm arms around me as I sobbed. After a few seconds I stopped. ‘Better now?’ He asked.

I nodded carefully. ‘She isn’t arguing anymore.’

‘That’s good.’ He said and he sighed again. ‘We’re still taking you to Madam Pomfrey though. Come on.’ He gently took me to the hospital wing.

‘Poppy we’re baaaack!’ Sirius sang cheekily as we entered.

‘What did she do this time?’ She asked tiredly when she saw us. ‘And do not call me Poppy Mister Black!’

‘Aah come on Poppy.’ I said with a smirk.

‘OUT!’ She shrieked. He huffed before grinning but he did not leave my side.

I sat on one of the beds as Madam Pomfrey checked me over. ‘What seems to be the problem?’ She turned to Lily, probably because she was the most trustworthy.

‘She says she’s hearing voices.’

‘oh Merlin.’ She said while rolling her eyes. She gave me a potion and told me to lie down. I did as she asked when she suddenly seemed to notice Sirius’ presence.

‘Mister Black what are you still doing here? I told you to leave!’

‘What’s with people not leaving when they’re told to today?’ I shuddered dramatically. ‘First… her… now you? WHY? WHY I ASK YOU?!’ I grabbed Sirius’ hand and he squeezed it.

‘Just calm down.’

‘You’ll be okay eventually.’ Madam Pomfrey told me gently. ‘You’re just a little short on sleep. Just close your eyes and catch up on it, okay?’

I nodded and did as I was told. As soon as my eyelids closed, I was off to dreamland.