Five

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Jack

Happy New Year!!

Ceci

Hi Jack! Happy New Year!

So I lived like a rock star for three days straight.

Well...not exactly a star.

But in three days, I had dinner with John Waters and played 5 sets in Toronto.

Jack

Not a rock star.  No, just some schmuck who has played a million gigs, plus tours, plus recordings. Plus you're a  business owner, a 24-7, 360-degree, multi-dimensional mom, and a peach-based life-form. 

And very easy on the eyes.

Did you have fun?

Ceci

A blast!

It's so nice to visit a real city!

Jack

I say western tour!!

You can crash on my couch.

Ceci

chivalrous.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Jack

Our guy avoided a life-sentence to prison. The Judge granted probation!

But the Judge hated me. Bizarre sentencing hearing. Pretty rough.

Ceci

So... It went well. You did it, you saved him.🎉❤️

Jack

I guess.

yeah.

maybe.

You get so close to a client, the months of prep, lunch, midnight pizza, the responsibility for their life, shared fear, the crucible of trial. They become your own kid. So it's hard to feel that anything but a complete acquittal is good enough for your child.

But, yeah, it's a good result. I just heard from someone who is married to a DA, that the office is furious about the result.

That's a good sign.

How are you?

Ceci

If they're furious, then they've lost sight of the big picture.

This was a big mess for both of those kids. Unless your client was a secret monster and I don't think he was. The Judge and Jury didn't.

The lesson for everyone... Don't get wasted and butt f*** at parties.

Jack

The Golden Rule in 8 words.

Ceci

Right.

Jack

Is butt-f*** hyphenated?

Thursday, January 14, 2016