Blossom - Idea

"So, Masu, tell me about your name," said the therapist "It's so unique. I've never heard it before." She finished awaiting my answer.

"My mom told me it meant increase in Japanese. She said she was in Japan when she found out she was pregnant with me and I increased her heart that day or something along those lines. But a woman from there gave her the suggestion. So, that's how I got my name." Commenting that was a beautiful story and a reason behind my name, she went on to asking me other questions.

Leaving the therapist office, I waited outside for my dad to pull up. Waiting another five minutes, I saw his all white Camaro start making his way towards me. My dad's name was James and he's an architect. A Camaro has been his dream car since he was a teenager but then; he started having babies and had to wait. We're all older now so he recently just purchased his dream car and it means everything to him.

"How was the session?" My dad asked pulling off after I buckled my seatbelt. "It was good. We talked about my name, you and mom, my friends and what I want to do after I graduate." I was a senior in college and at first, I wasn't majoring in nothing. Just went to get all of my needed classes done and get my credits but last year, I finally figured out what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to major in Philosophy. I like to know how things work. I could think all day about how things got where they are now, what language animals from different places speak because it seems like they understand every language out there. I just want to know everything.

"That's good. Did you tell her how your mom got your name?" He asked turning onto the freeway. "Yeah, she really liked the story." I said pulling my phone out. I had a text from my friend, La'a. Nickname; Sunny. She was a ball of sunshine. Literally. Everywhere she went, happiness followed. Her soul was so pure and innocent, I felt like I had to protect her even though she doesn't need any protecting.

"Wyd?" It read. None of my friends know I'm in therapy. "About to pull up to my house." I replied. I lived with my other friend, Arden. La'a didn't want to move in with us because she thought it'll jinx our friendship. Arden and I respected that because that's how she is.

"I'm about to come over." She replied. Even though she doesn't live with us, we still gave her a key for emergencies. Not responding, I enjoyed the rest of the ride to my place with my dad telling me about my little brothers who just started high school. The twins; Xavier and Xaiver. Pronounced X-ZAY-VE-R and ZAY-VER. There's a story behind their names also. My mom didn't know she was pregnant with twins her whole pregnancy. So when she was finally in labor and they told her she had to push again after delivering Xavier, she was confused but pushed anyway and thus, Xaiver was born. She came with the name Xaiver on the spot.

"Tell everyone I love them and I'll call you and mom later on, okay?" Nodding his head, he kissed me on the cheek and I got out of the car and made my way into the house.

Arden's parents got her this house for her high school graduation present. The house, a trip to Hawaii with me and La'a and a second car. Her family got money. Arden grew up in a rich family but didn't let that blind her mindset on things. She was very generous and cared about people very much. The only bad thing people could say about her is that she played with people's feelings. Boys and girls. She's bisexual and doesn't want to settle down so she fucks them and leave them. It's like she knows what she wants at times, but her wants change all the time so she's still exploring.

I walked into the house and took my shoes off by the door and placed them on the rug. Arden was still in class so I was here alone until La'a showed up. I went into my room to change into something more comfortable. A tank top and cropped leggings. "What to eat, what to eat," Looking in the refrigerator, I was surprised to still see the food I cooked last night left over. Arden had Jayden over. A guy that loves to eat so I thought everything would've been gone.