【𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 20】 The Road to Recovery

【𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦'𝘴 𝘗.𝘰.𝘝.】

My mom sighed as she pulled into the front of the school. I watched as several unfamiliar faces crowded around the door, making it hard to open. As I watched the people I barely even knew whisper, my mom placed her hand on my arm. I glanced at her somber face, immediately taking in the dark bags under her eyes and the somewhat permanent furrow in her brow.

"You do know... You don't have to go to school just yet. Mr. Fazbear said you could take as much time as you needed. He won't care if you stay home another week... Or two." She said quietly. I sighed before looking back out the window. I smiled lightly and looked back at her.

"No mom. I need to be back in school. He... He screwed my life up enough, I'm not gonna let him screw it up anymore. He's not gonna take away my will to keep going. I won't let him." I replied. She inhaled before nodding.

"Okay. Okay, I respect that. I just... I love you, you know that right?" She asked. I smiled.

"Yes mom. I know and I love you too." I said. She nodded.

"Okay. Go ahead sweetie. I'll see you at four." She said. I gave her one more reassuring glance before opening the door. As soon as I did, I was bombarded with several people calling my name.

"Mangle, are you okay?"

"I heard some rumors circulating! What happened?"

"Are you sure you've fully recovered?"

Several voices sounded from every angle and I couldn't recognize one from the other.

"Um... I..." But as soon as I tried speaking, my voice was drowned out by the others.

"Here, I bought you this. I hope it makes you feel better."

"This should help you if you have any bad days."

"I know it's not much but I thought I'd give you this."

Many objects were being thrust into my hands at once, and I could feel myself become overwhelmed. The voices began to get louder and pound against my skull. Just as I thought I couldn't take anymore, there was a hand on my arm and someone was pulling me away. Once I was away from the chaos, I could see who my lucky savior was. And just like that, I could feel my heart swell with joy.

"Hi." I said quietly, the smile of pure adoration not hard to see on my face. He smiled back, flashing the braces I had become so fond of.

"Hi." He replied simply. I looked at him and I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. This boy could make me feel like I'm flying as falling all at the same time. His gold eye sparkled, even under the crappy school lights. His button nose fit his face perfectly and would be so unobtrusive if he were to just kiss me. His red locks fell across his face perfectly, captivating me in every sense. Just a little closer and his lips would be on mine. Just a little...

"Candid!" A familiar voice shouted and the sound of a camera going off was heard. My cheeks darkened as I watched Chica smile. Foxy moved away from me, making sure he was still close but not as much as we were before. I loved Chica, but God damn it I really wanted that kiss.

"Back in school for less than five minutes and you're already all over each other." Freddy said with a laugh.

"Well no one asked for your input Freddy." Foxy piped back, making everyone else laugh.

"Look, I get we talked about what happened with you, but I think we need to talk about what happened with everyone else. As you can see, there's a lot of relationships that have formed and some that we might not even know about." Chic said. I chewed on my lip before nodding. What if Foxy didn't actually want to be with me? What if it's not what I think it is?