[Chapter 48]: I promised you

"Fuck... off..." You barely managed to make out those two words, but your eyes burned into him netherness. Shigaraki paused before glancing back at the shadowy man.

"Kurogiri, can we just kill her? I don't like her attitude..."

"The master says she must be alive."

"Ahh, I see." The pale man began scratching the sides of his neck.

Dammit, there has to be something I can- That's it!

You twitched your finger, remembering the fingertip oximeter that kept track of your pulse. You attempted to move your fingers just enough to push the clip off. 

If my pulse flatlines, the doctors will be notified and then-

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Shigaraki stated. You paused and clicked your tongue. 

He noticed quickly. 

"Help comes and then what? You think it's not past us to kill a few doctors? You would just be responsible for even more innocent deaths!" Your eyes widened. 

More innocent deaths... They know about that. 

But he was right. There was no point dragging the hospital staff into this mess. The blond girl had finished putting her clothes on and leaned over the bed, getting directly in your face.

"What's it like (y/n), being able to kill 33 people at once?! I'm so jealous, I wish I could do something like that!" She pulled out her knife and pressed it against your cheek, running the tip over your flesh lightly. Blood began to run down the side of your face. You gritted your teeth and stared at her. "Ahhh you're so cool (y/n)! I wish I could be you..."

"Toga please stand back." Kurogiri called to her. She huffed, reluctantly getting up and backing against the wall.

"I apologize for her behavior, she's new around here." Shigaraki nonchalantly added before taking a seat next to your hospital bed. "Moving on to the matter at hand... (Y/n), I believe it would be in your best interest to join us."

You've gotta be joking.

"That's probably... the worst joke I've ever heard... Go to hell." You mumbled in response.

"Ehhh even with the way everyone treats you like a monster? Are you too blind to see that the people you trust actually hate you? How naive can you be (y/n)?" You just peered at him spitefully. 

What the hell is he talking about... 

"Wow, you really don't know?! They must not have any faith in you..."

"The fuck... Is that suppose to mean..." You questioned. Shigaraki smirked from behind the disembodied hand.

"I'm talking about the instant kill microchip implanted right under your brainstem." There was a moment of silence. 

What does he mean? A microchip... That can kill me instantly? 

"Ahh don't freak out yet (y/n), it gets better. Three people currently have the code to activate it. The principle, Eraserhead, and your own dear brother." Your heart practically stopped. "That's right! Three of the people you trust most! Three of the people who you thought were on your side!"

"Shut up... You're lyi-"

"Wait wait wait! I'm not done yet!" He jumped up from the seat, his voice frantic and excited. "Most of the pro heroes at your school know about it too! Heck, even your little boyfriend knows!"

Katsuki...

You felt like the world was crumbling around you. Your resolved was being picked away one layer at a time. But it wasn't enough to break you.

"Then, in the end, it doesn't matter... Even if I work with you, they'll just... kill me sooner."

"But that's where you're wrong (y/n)." Your eyes darted over to the pale man. "We'll be your allies, we can destroy those consoles. That I can guarantee! You'll be able to live freely, and fight the fake heroes who wronged you! It's perfect! What do you sa-"

"No."

Although quiet, you were stern. Shigaraki just froze.

"No?" He reached his hands up and once again began scratching, more violent this time. "You damn bitch, you're making this so much more difficult than it needs to be! Listen here-"

"I won't... I don't care what else you have to say... Kill me if you want to." His fingers stopped as he lowered his hands back down to his sides.

"So be it. I didn't want to do it this way, but you leave me no choice." Shigaraki sat down and leaned back in the seat before speaking once more. "Takashi right? That's the name of your brother." Your eyes widened. "Although I guess he's not really your brother, just a quirkless servant from your family who you happen to be very close to. If my memory serves me correct, he works at a business firm in Musutafu and lives a few blocks away from there as well. So defenseless... It would be a shame if something were to happen to him..."

"You monster... Leave him out of this!" You began recalling the power and following these people possessed. 

This is the group that almost killed All Might. What chance would my brother have if they were after him

Biting your lip, you attempted to hold back choked sobs. 

He's the only family I have left. Dammit all, this is the worst. 

Tears began streaming down your cheeks as you reluctantly gave in.

"Okay... I understand..."

Shigaraki smirked at your shattered resolve.

"Good, that's what I like to hear." He pulled a folded piece of paper out of his pocket and set it on the side table. "Go to the following location at 9 pm tonight. Don't be late, my contact isn't a patient person." You didn't respond. You didn't need to, he already knew he had you trapped. With that, Shigaraki stood and grabbed the syringe. "The drug should wear off in a few minutes. If you tell anybody about this, you already know what will happen." He chuckled and turned. "Toga, Kurogiri, we're leaving."

"Huh? Are you sure it's okay to just leave her here?" Kurogiri calmly questioned.

"She won't tell anybody, and she'll show up tonight." Shigaraki glanced back and took note of your broken expression. "I'm sure of it."

Kurogiri nodded and formed a vortex.

"Hopefully we'll get to hang out more next time (y/n)!" Toga grinned maliciously before skipping into the purple vortex. Shigaraki followed after her, pausing briefly to speak.

"I look forward to working with you (y/n)."

And then they disappeared, leaving no trace that they had been there in the first place.

You could only lay there in eerie silence, waiting for the drug to wear off, crying, helpless, alone, terrified, and dreading what was to come. Sniffling, you whispered solemnly to yourself.

"Sorry Katsuki... Looks like I won't be able to go on that date I promised you."