Sheets

The other three boys were nowhere to be found, so Matty and I left. He told the bartender to tell them we went home if he saw them, and began the walk home. Well, Matty's home. His arm was wrapped around my shoulders, keeping me steady. I was at the point of being drunk that I could pass out at any moment, so he made sure that I wouldn't end up back in the bathroom with not-George again. It wasn't cold, but it wasn't warm , either. It was starting to become fall, which was one of my favorite and also least favorite seasons. It was pretty and everything looked very orange, which reminded me of the sunrise. The only thing was, was that the clouds often covered the sky, so I couldn't see the sunrise. Those were the worst days. My mood matched the dark sky and cold weather. I've never liked the cold, and it constantly made my mood sour. 

Matty pulled me closer to him, taking me out of my thoughts. 

I felt... safe with Matty. Even though we were both intoxicated, I still felt safe around him. I felt protected. 

We arrived at Matty's flat not long after leaving the bar. I was still drunk, and so was Matty, but he seemed to have sobered up just a little bit. He seemed scared half to death when I had disappeared and so relieved when the lilac girl brought me back. I wonder why she helped me. She could have been having fun dancing with her friends or drinking the night away but instead she decided to help me get away from some creep in the bathroom and make sure I was safe. I was grateful for her. 

Matty still had me under his grip, making sure that I wouldn't trip over anything or hurt myself. He guided me towards a bedroom that I assume was his, and sat me down on the bed.

"You can sleep here, I'll sleep on the couch. " He said. "Are you comfortable sleeping in what you're wearing or do you want to borrow something?"

I pulled on my shirt, the light gray fabric stretching over my fingertips. 

"I don't like this shirt." I pouted, stretching it even more. 

"You can borrow one of mine then, just don't ruin your shirt."

He rummaged through his drawers until he found a plain black shirt and a pair of red plaid pyjama pants. Handing them to me, he left the room, leaving me to get changed. 

I got dressed into Matty's clothes and looked at myself in the mirror, laughing at the sight. His shirt was so big on me it could practically be a dress, and my feet got lost in the pants. I tried to roll them up, but it was uncomfortable, so I rolled them back down. I stuck my feet out of the foot holes and the red plaid print bunched up awkwardly on my legs. After struggling with the some more, I decided to take them off and wear Matty's shirt as a nightgown. 

Opening his bedroom door, I shuffled out into the living room, holding onto the wall for support. He was sitting on the couch with his phone in his hands, probably texting the boys saying that we weren't dead or kidnapped. 

I giggled and Matty turned to face me. 

"Your hair is so curly."

Stumbling over to him, I pat his head. 

"Where are your pants?" He asked, standing from his place on the couch. 

"They're not comfy. I wanna wear this dress." I giggled again.

He seemed unsure of what to do, but guided me back to his room. He moved the sheets back so I could get under the covers and laid me down, pulling the blanket over me. 

He started to leave the room, but I protested. 

"Where are you going?"

Matty stopped in the doorway, turning to face me.