Ever On

After the Hatfield's  slowly trickled out,  all that lingered was the bodies,  the smell of bloodied gun smoke, a silver pistol burrows in the leaf littered ground, and Chyna

She stood before  boys she had watched grow up.  Before two that had harmed her greatly.

And instead of relief  she felt a large hole.

Looking up she could see a wagon and about 5 horses with riders drawing near.

She took a final glance at the McCoy brothers  before darting away.

Calvin caught a glimpse of  the worn skirt fluttering away. He flicked  the reigns  of his  horse and made chase.

"Chyna!" he hollered  after her.  But she kepted running to and fro  through the trees.

"wait!" he called.  He wasn't  mad, it wasn't  her fault.  He just wanted to know what their last moments were like. 

However  Chyna was crafty and soon vanished in the trees. 

Calvin returned to bodies of his brothers.  Randall  tried to hold Sally as she held Bud in her arms,  lifeless.  Jim McCoy walked quietly to  Calvin's side.

Tears fell rapidly from Calvin's  eyes as he gazed upon the torn bodies.  He could not see Jim's  hand stretching out towards him. 

"Calvin" he called timidly.

Calvin blinked away the tears and turned to Jim. In his hand,  a several pale pink rose petals, slightly  dried out.

Calvin cupped his  hands and let Jim dump the petals in his hands.

Chyna ran and ran, blindly.  Her skirt snagged on a tree root and she went tumbling forward.

"whoa,  easy." Cap coaxed, catching her. She hid her face in his shoulder and shook.

"you - you shot him" Cap said.

"I did, an it ain't  made me feel no better! I just feel, well I  don't  feel" she said with raised voice.

Cap rubbed her back a bit roughly. "yeah,  I don't  feel anything  either.... But I ain't  cryin  like you are... " Cap said.

Chyna touched her face and felt light tears.

"its ok, it's done. Over" Cap said to her trying  to offer a smile.