Three

"I mean things were better here a few years ago, everything was chill and the work environment was fun. Last year around June was when Big Boss was hired, he changed everything and made his own system, so consider yourself lucky you don't need to start from the basics all over again. He's a complete dick, but without us and our capabilities then he wouldn't be making a shitload of cash." Quinn explained to me, she has been working at Metro Inc for 3 years now, just like Niall, she started small as a secretary but finally got into Graphics.

"How was he hired if he's such a dick?" I asked.

"Mr. Marshall, his father was the head owner until he passed the ownership to his son. The company's been running successfully for the past 40 years, and I hate to say it, but ever since the Boss was hired, statistics have risen and the company has received more money than ever before. Boss knows what he's doing."

I nodded my head, taking another bite of the kebab Louis had given to me. Niall and Harry were right, it was delicious. "I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's so controlling and pushy. It seems that way, anyway."

"I understand what you're getting at. He likes to be in charge I guess, it's his way. I'm not sure. I don't know him very well." She shrugged her shoulders. Nobody seems to know who the Boss really is. But if that man is my boss, then I'm entitled to know a little about him at least, to know what his boundaries are.

I blurted out the only question that came into mind, "What's his first name?"

"John. The only person he allows to call him by his first name is his father. When, us for instance, call him by his name he finds it too casual, and in a workplace everything is to be kept professional. Up in reception, Chloe is the only one allowed to call him Mr. Marshall. He's a very formal man. Everything you need to know is in the information pack they gave you, since you missed orientation a few weeks ago." Quinn was the only one of the girls to actually converse with me. Mary and Alex seem to be away in their own little chat in the corner with a cup of coffee in each of their hands.

"What can you tell me about Harry?" I decide to ask her. Probably not the most casual way to ask, but screw it.

"Harry? Why do you want to know about him?" She crosses her legs and raised one eyebrow while taking a sip of her tea.

"I'm just curious. He seems like a nice guy."

I couldn't help but remember Niall's words; Harry and nice don't ever go in the same sentence. Harry has been nothing but nice since I got here, and that made me question why he said that.

"In a way. I mean he's such an arse at times, but he's okay. He's a closed off guy, nobody knows much about him besides the guys."

"Guys?" I asked leaning forward from my seat.

"Liam, Zayn, Louis, and Niall. They're always in and out, you get used to it. One minute they're working and the next they're rushing to get out of here." I was about to interject before she raised her hand, "It's best not to meddle, they do their own things and we respect that. It was... strange at first, but they assured us that they had to take care of some work."

"What goes on in the rest of the building? I mean, surely we're not the only ones that work in Metro."

"Oh no, we're in the head department, so we're at the top near the Boss so if he needs to ever yell at somebody, we're close by." By the way he eyes squinted I could tell she was joking. "I don't ever really go to the other floors, but they're always some part that somebody contributes to Metro. Mary and Andy sometimes work on the 20th, with the trainees or whatever. Upstairs is the head department cafeteria, I mean we get a whole place to eat for ourselves but they can't afford or make decent coffee, that's why I stick with tea." She raised her mug and smiled.