telling others

Draco didn't sleep much that night. For almost a year it was just him and Astoria, and it should've been for longer. Much longer. Draco went to work and sat down to eat when it was his lunch.

"How was the honeymoon? Was it amazing?" One of the girls asked sitting with him. 

"Yeah. It was great." He didn't sound happy at all. He was just in shock. Complete shock. 

"Is everything alright?" She asked, turning the other healer's heads. 

"Astoria's-" he was interrupted by someone barging through the doors.

The person toom Draco by the arm and held him against the wall. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SISTER?" She shouted. 

"Daphne?" He asked confused. "Merlin's beard! You aren't supposed to be in here!" He said getting her arm off his chest.

"What did you do to Astoria?" She asked outraged. 

"Y-You know?" He said in shock. 

"Of course I know!" She shouted. "How could you do that to her?" She said in outrage.

 "I didn't want it! What you think I tried for this? Of course not!" He said out loud. 

"What is going on?" One of the healers asked.

"Draco Malfoy got my sister pregnant. Draco is going to be a father." Daphne said without hesitation. He saw them open-mouthed. 

"Is that true?" One asked in shock. He sighed. 

"Yes. Astoria is four weeks pregnant. She was two weeks pregnant when we got married, so that's that. It's due in December." He said, and they could tell he was stressed.

"Aww! You're having a baby!" She said back. 

"You people think this is good?" Daphne said in shock. Draco toom Daphne out of the room and into the hallway. 

"Daphne I am sick of you acting like you own Astoria. She owns herself! No one besides her has control! I married her! I got her pregnant! She is carrying my baby! She didn't marry you! You didn't get her pregnant! She isn't carrying your child! She and I are sick of you acting like you have this claim on her! She chose me into her life! And you are going to be an aunt! You should be happy!" Draco had suddenly moved Daphne, but her next words seemed the same.

"How could I be happy about this?" She said harshly. 

"Because you're the aunt! If it's a girl then you'll be the one they'll run away to! Ask advice on boys or girls depending on their sexuality. You will be the one they will go to. Parents are different! You will have this unconditional love for them! And you should be so happy that you get that honor! Not everyone gets that! My aunt was insane! This child won't have that. They will have parents who love them and an aunt who feels so happy when they're there if they need it! Daphne, you will be loved so dearly by this child!" Daphne didn't respond but looked down.

"You don't have a claim on your sister. And even though she has a husband is going to have a baby doesn't mean she'll love you less. If you are there for her these next 9 months and past, she will love you more maybe." Draco spoke. Daphe pursed her lips. 

"You're a great husband, you always were. So just... be good for the rest." Daphne said then left.

Before he went to his own home, he went to his parent's house. "Draco!" His mother sang with excitement as she hugged him. 

"Hello, mum." She said hugging her back. "Where's father?" He asked. 

"He's coming. Growing rather old now." She turned around and Lucious was there.

"Draco, what a surprise," Lucious said smiling. "What did you come to tell us on this day?" He asked. Draco scratched his small beard he had, that was barely a beard at all. 

"You're going to be a grandfather." He said to Lucious. "And you a grandmother." He said turning to his mother.

"What?" Lucious said in a shocked voice. 

"Astoria's four weeks pregnant. She is keeping her baby - our baby. You are going to be grandparents. And when that child is born in December I expect you both to be there." Draco spoke sternly.

"Astoria? B-But the way she will raise this child..." Narcissa began. 

"She has refused to raise this child with a disliking against Muggles and Muggle-borns. I won't have my child be raised the same way as me. They will deserve better." He said harshly. 

"What if it is a girl? She cannot carry on the name!" Luscious said. 

"You know its a shame. You're so concerned about the family name but not the fact that I'm having a child. You are cruel people." Draco apparates away quickly.

He saw Astoria on the couch, reading a book. He kissed her forehead. "Hello, my love." He said smiling. She looked up at him and smiled. 

"Hello, Darling." She said smiling widely. "Who did you tell?" She asked him. He set the prophet down. 

"Enough to get us the headline on the paper." He said setting the paper down.

Harry Potter was drinking coffee so he could finish he late work. He looked and the paper and almost spit it out of his mouth. "Ginny!" He shouted. She came in. 

"Malfoy's due date is only two months after yours. They'll be in the same year." He said concerned. 

"Good." She replied.

"How?" Astoria asked.  He shrugged. "Well, I'm not sure. But I did get us these." Astoria grabbed pictures from the babies ultrasound yesterday. "They have the heartbeat." She said as she handed them to him. "I asked the healer today. You must've been somewhere else at the time." She said looking at him. She kissed his cheek lightly.

"Keep them in your office at the hospital. Now that you're going to be a daddy you'll need more than pictures of me, but pictures of your baby too." She said smiling. She kissed his cheek lightly and he looked at her. 

"These are beautiful." He said to her. Draco kissed her on the lips and smiled.