18. Because, I Love You!

Scarlett's eyes narrowed at the haughty man beside her as he continued singing.

"Place your head on my beating heart,
I'm thinking out loud,
Maybe we found love right where we are!"

Feeling her stares, he glanced back and as a reflexive action, his lips curved into a full smirk, only to intensify her pissed state. Right after, his gaze shifted to the front as his voice only turned louder.

He is attractive all the time but for sure, that pretty face was not going to help him from getting out of this, "You sure like the sound of your own voice don't you?" Scarlett ironically mocked only to get another smirk from him, "Too bad, I don't. I would be overjoyed if you'd just shut up." She added, giving him another fierce glare. However, that was falling on deaf ears as he continued singing like no big deal.

Surely, Scarlett loved his voice whenever he hummed or sang, but right now, she just couldn't find it in her to tolerate his voice. She just wanted to sit calmly but that was probably too much to ask as the man beside her decided to leave her peeved with each passing minute.

"Can you stop irritating me for once, Dylan?" Scarlett finally hissed, raising her voice but that only made him chuckle loudly. "Angel," he started to say as he passed her another smile, "You have always loved it when I hummed this type of tune for you, no?" He smirked. Firstly, Scarlett wanted to wipe that annoying smirk off his face, that was planted enduringly on his lips.

She glared at him, "That was a long time ago," Scarlett hissed as he swiftly glanced her way, "You can't term it as 'always' for the past events."

"Pull over. I'm not coming with you and please if you'd just get out." She announced in a firm voice as he frowned, glancing her way, "Right now." Scarlett added but that went unheard as well as he twisted his head to the front.

"Of course, I can," he countered ignoring her retaliation, "We have been only 8 years apart. The time we've been together is longer than the time we've been away from each other." He quoted monotonically.

Scarlett stared at him incredulously. His face glistened under the cloudless, sparkling moon as she stared at him for a moment planting her gaze lastingly at him, taking in his features. He indeed had this masculine, attractive aura, prominent jawline, and square chin and she could simply stare into his almond-shaped eyes. The room between his eyes is ideally spaced and his looks could attract any woman. It's always done to her. He had been consistent, maintaining his personality.

Even in the past, he had effortlessly managed to captivate Scarlett's soul and the fact that he was present right there in front of her eyes all the time, did not help back then. Mostly, he was an introvert and his personality, which was quite mysterious, did not help her too from getting bewitched and falling for him hopelessly.

Scarlett did not look away, although the conscious part of her mind repeatedly warned her to put an end to it before he recognized her stares at him, yet, apparently, that seemed like a difficult task to do. Ignoring the fact that this would only give him another reason to tease her, she maintained her stance unbroken. Undoubtedly, Scarlett was not thinking about the upcoming vain and haughty remarks by him, which he unforgettably would not evade after knowing about his enticing charms.

Scarlett's gaze stopped by his lips, which were pursed together, effectively managing to drag her back to reality. Immediately shifting her eyes, she looked outside. Her lips curled a little watching the drizzle out there. Then, it started raining lightly. Unconsciously, she found herself glancing at him all over again as she noticed his eyes squinting at nothing in particular. The one thing about him always amazed Scarlett was that he'd never failed to stand so impulsive – switching from a smug self to a solemn one.