Limitless

Chapter

I was finishing the last part of my homework and revising the last few words. I had been studying at school for hours. Our exam week neared, which meant that I needed to study extra hard. I was never the one who studied during the nights, or had sleepless nights because of school. I always started on time and finished it early. I was putting away my books when I realized I was done. The librarian was already looking at the clock, indicating for me to go. I stood up and grabbed my bag, walking out of there. When I was near the stairs, I heard some voices. I recognized the voice and stayed there for a while, trying to understand what was going on.

"Look, it's not my fault. I have told you this many times. Just leave me alone" I heard Noah say angrily. I took a step back, not wanting him to see me.

"You know what? Do what you want. As if I have anyone who would stop you or grief" he said and his talking stopped. I took this as an opportunity and walked further from behind him. He turned around and looked at me.

"Hi" I said but it came out more as a whisper. He looked at me for a while, trying to read my thoughts. He was trying to look at my mind through my eyes, not realizing that eyes weren ever the reflection of the mind. Eyes lie, eyes hide, eyes play. Instead of trying to read me through my eyes, he should've tried it from a different way, since I was not showing him what he wanted to see.

He nodded at me and turned around to walk away. I yelled after him, feeling the need to talk to him. I didn't know why, I just knew the conversation on the Phone was not good and I wanted to make sure he was okay, but really? Who was I to say that. People always say 'fine' when someone asks them how they are since no one wants confrontation.

"Noah, I.. When will we work on our project?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders before he turned around to walk away. I walked faster and grabbed him by his arm. He turned around looking very annoyed. I knew that look. You just want to be alone because you feel bad, but you also want people to be around you to feel better, yet you know there isn't really anyone.

"If you ever want to let anything out, know that you don't need to do it to the empty toxic air around you. You can tell me anything you want to scream out" I said, making his eyes widen. He then looked at me with a look that I couldn't explain. It was like happiness fighting with sorrow and tragedy. He shook his head before he turned around and walked away.

"You walking away doesn't mean I am not there" I said after him before I turned around and walked away too. I didn't want him to think that it was just words. I didn't want him to think it was just for a few seconds. I wanted him to know that I was there, no time set, no limited place- just there. I walked towards a class room and put out the book that I had been dreading to read: 'Islam and the Universe'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random Interesting Fact: I would still write this book knowing no one reads it, and knowing I hardly update. I write this book for myself.