[Chapter 47]: Hear me out

Katsuki peered up from below, eyes darting from one window to the next counting them. 

"Second floor, sixth room over, look for the open window... There it is. The old lady actually did it." Katsuki muttered. He backed up a bit and calculated what level of blasts he would need to make it to the window. He opted for continuous smaller one to avoid creating too much noise.

As he reached the opening, he gripped the railing and pulled himself up and over into the small white room, only lit by the bright moonlight beaming through the window.

And there you were, sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. His eyes ran over the bandages encasing your body, the IV drip connected to your arm, and the heart rate monitor, it's eire beeps echoing through the room.

It was hard to look at.

Katsuki pressed his lips together and furrowed his brows, making his way over beside the bed. He pulled up a chair and lowered himself into it, allowing a few moments of silence to pass as he just observed your restful face.

"You damn idiot..." He mumbled. "You think I'm ever gonna let you leave my sight after this shit." Katsuki reached over and grabbed your hand, clutching it tightly between his. He allowed his head to fall forward and rest against it. "Dammit all... I thought I wanted you to be a hero. I thought I wanted to show you off to the whole fucking world. But now I-" His grip tightened as his voice grew more strained. "I just want to lock you away so nobody can ever hurt you..." Katsuki gritted his teeth together as tears cascaded down his cheeks.

"When I saw them pull you from the rubble, I didn't even know what to do with myself. Honestly, fuck you (y/n) for making me cry so much. When you wake up, you bet your ass I'm gonna give you a piece of my mind..." Katsuki sniffled, tears dripping onto the stark white sheets. He needed a moment to contain himself, taking a deep breath and loosening the grip on your hand. "You're my best friend dammit... Even when we fight, even when we're being stubborn, you make me feel so at peace. I love that about you. Fucking shit, I'm so in love with you (y/n)... And you don't even know because I'm such an insecure asshole."

"I love you too Katsuki."

Katsuki's gaze shot up from his hands, tears still brimming in his eyes. You held your eyelids open weakly. You had woken up only a few seconds before, working up the strength to speak. It was hard to see, but you could tell from the way his hands wrapped around yours that it was him.

Katsuki couldn't even speak. The only thing he could do was move forward out of his seat and over you, very gently pulling you up from the bed and against him. You could feel his wet cheeks against yours, his body shaking, his voice strained. It was the most emotional you had ever seen him.

"Is this real? You really love me? Did you hit your head or something?" He shakily questioned.

"Did I stutter you damn hedgehog?" You smiled warmly and joked at him.

"Holy shit this is really happening..." You could feel him pull you tighter against him. "I'm.. so happy..." His emotion tore something away within you. Your throat tightened suddenly and the waterworks could no longer be contained. Wrapping your arms around him, you did your best to pull him against you with what little strength you could muster.

"I'm so sorry for worrying you Katsuki, thank you for being here... I love you... so much." You sniffled as you poured your heart out, allowing yourself to be vulnerable. Both of you were. Katsuki didn't let go. He leaned you back onto the bed and brought himself beside you, arms never leaving you. Pulling you against him, he ran his fingers through your hair, taking moments to plant soft kisses on your forehead. As the final tears fell from your face, your eyes fluttered closed, your entire being lost in Katsuki's warmth.