8: The Hunt

It felt like my heart was squeezed, my breathing was really quick but hardly any oxygen was being let into my lungs and my forehead was slightly damp sticking the loose hairs to it. I was not sure how long I had been running for, bur I knew that I still had a few minutes until the boys start chasing me. I've always hated chase. It's a dumb game, even dumber now I'm playing it with two teenage vampires, who have the advantage of speed. Yes I know I got given extra time but it was only 5 minutes and i had to make a deal with them to get it. Right, I stop running and search my surroundings. Do I continue running ir hide somewhere... I could just turn the game into one I used to love playing. Mum would usually tell me to stop playing that game and focus on my homework, but I knew it would come in handy and it does. Right now in fact.

"Trees" I say out loud so I could hear my thoughts "More trees" I add continuing to scan the woods. "ALL I SEE IS TREES!" I scream in frustration but then I slap my hands over my mouth just in case the twins were starting to hunt me. I feel like I'm starring in the Hunger Games. Running through the woods trying to avoid all dangers and the biggest task of all... To not be killed. I could have started in that movie. I guess I got lost in the moment because before I knew it the nearest tree had a smiley face carved into it and I was standing there pretending to be Katniss.

"I am Katniss Everdeen" no, it doesn't sound right.

"The names Everdeen. Katniss Everdeen"

Right, that's good if I was too star in a James Bond movie.

"Katniss Everdeen!" Too pitchy

"I am Katniss Everdeen" Too deep

I place my hands on either side of my hips and suck in a breath "I AM KATNISS EVERDEEN!" That's too much.

I drop my arms by my side and hold my head up high, glaring down on all the leaves like they were peasants. "I am the one and only Katniss Everdeen" Maybe a bit extreme.

"I am Katniss Everdeen" I try again but nothing is working. I continue for the next couple of minutes, completely forgetting about the "game" Grayson made up.

I pull my hair to the side and take a breath "I am Katniss Everdeen" I project my voice even though there's no one here to hear me.

"Katniss"

"Everdeen Katniss... Uhh... I mean Katniss. Katniss Everdeen" That really does make no sense.

I roll my eyes amd look at the tree pretending it was President Snow and I really was Katniss. I take another breath and roll my neck to the side and I clear my throat as I stand tall with one hand on my hip.

"I am-" I start, but I get cut off by arms wrapping around my waist and my feet being lifted from the ground.

"...Dead..." Someone whispers in my ear and my eyes widen when I realise who it was.

Grayson.

I felt something pinch my neck, then the trees started swaying and everything went black.