9: Phone Call Home

I slowly opened my eyes but everything remained slightly blurry, so I squinted them to see if I was aware of my surroundings. The last thing I remember was being Katniss in the woods, oh yeah... They caught me. My eyes snapped open when I realised what that meant, there's a possible chance I am about to die.

That's just great, my life is probably about to end. Be taken away by two teenage vampires.
Wait... How old are they actually? Because I watched Twilight and Edward is like 100 and something years old but still looks like a teenager. Is that the same with Grayson and Ethan?

I have to ask them.

What about my mum? I haven't spoken to her in ages, she must be wondering what's happened. Oh and the police might be looking for me... And my friends. I haven't spoken to them for ages. What am I going to do?

The door opened and Grayson came in holding a glass cup which contained water.

"Grayson?" I ask and he nods his head to show he is listening. "My mum" I say and he raises an eyebrow. "I need to talk to her"

"Why?"

"She needs to know that I'm safe" I explain

"but you're not... You're far from safe" he laughs and I glare at him.

"Don't be a dick" I snap getting angry by the second "Just let me call her"

"You'll have to ask Ethan as well" Grayson shrugs and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Why do I need permission to call my mum?" I ask, staring at him with hate.

"She's my mum and I can call her when I want. So hand me a god damn phone and stop being a jerk about it!" I scream, each word being spat out like venom.

"You might want to watch that tongue of yours" he replies harshly.

I drag myself up from the floor and stomp out of the room because he forgot to close the door. I barged past Ethan walking through the corridor"Where are you going?" He questions.

"I AM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYONE ASKING ME THAT! I AM A HUMAN BEING SO I CAN GO WHEREVER I PLEASE" I shout at him.

"You have an attitude" he snarls

"And you have an annoying personality" "uuuh I need a phone" I add on watching him clench his jaw constantly.

"Nope"

"Right... Then I will find one myself"

"Who exactly do you need to call?"

"My mum. She's not going to stop worrying about me unless she gets a phone call, she probably already has the police looking for me so if I could call her then she will think I am safe"

"We could deal with the police"

"I'm not saying you can't but please Ethan" he continues looking at me and my eyes start going watery, tears tricking down my face. "I just want to call my mum" I whisper my head dropping to the floor. His hand goes out in front of me and I see a phone I quickly look up at him and take it.

"If you tell her anything... And I mean anything that will give her a clue as to where you are" he glares at me "You will regret it" I nod my head and wipe the tears with my hand.

"Thank you" I say quietly, my throat slightly dry from the shouting and crying.

"I'll be by the front door to make sure you don't try and escape again" he explains crossing his arms over his chest.

He slithers away and I unlock the phone, punching my mums number in to it. I press call and hold the phone to my ear.

Ring. Ring. Ring.