Chapter 15: The Ishbal Massacre

Al aged 14, Ed and Van aged 15.
Third person POV:
"I heard you on my way in. You say you're an agent of god. Well, then why don't you try passing judgment on me. That's Alex Louis Armstrong, the Strong Arm Alchemist. Don't pray just yet. You're facing the technique that's been past down the Armstrong line for generations, that's hardly a blessing!"

Armstrong throws a rock in the air and punches it, sending little shards of rock at the one everyone calls Scar. Soon after doing that, he punches the ground which makes the rock form into spikes. Scar destroys one but Armstrong takes off his shirt.

"It's true what you said, the opposite of creation is destruction and both must be served. Destroy and create. It's the grand currency of the universe."

"That's why I was going to track you down after Fullmetal, Calamity and Crystal were finished." He says to him.

Armstrong goes to punch him but accidentally knocks off his glasses instead when he dodges.

"A unique combination of alchemy and physical power. God help me."

Armstrong's eyes go wide.

"You have red irises. Red eyes and brown skin. You must be from-" Armstrong is cut off when Scar starts to run at him. He barely manages to dodge Scar's hand when it attacks but he manages.

"But the god your people kneeled to forbids alchemy. Humanity's greatest sin. Alchemy has three parts. Determine the make up, then break it down and rebuild it into something else. You stop at step two so you're saved by a loophole. Like killing for a religious cause but murder is murder and you're still an alchemist."

"I only do what this arm instructs me, contrary or not. Leave it to the profits to interpret gods will!" Scar yells and then charges at Armstrong.

Van POV:
It's raining now and Ed, Al, Marcoh and I are trying to sneak around so none of the military or the killer see us. We run across the street towards a cafe and get under the cover to shelter us from the rain. I glance to my left and see military trucks coming.

I poke Ed and and point so he looks over and sees.

"Get down." He pushes all of us down behind plants and hides his arm.

We're led through the back door of the cafe by a nice waitress. We walk through an alley but my mind is still stuck on the man with the scar on his face.

We reach a small area with kids running around and playing tag.

Third person POV:
"Colonel! We found him!"

Armstrong is removed from underneath rubble.

"You gotta talk to me. What happened?" Mustang asks but Armstrong doesn't reply.

Hughes stumbles down the latter and starts talking about the Brigadier General's death.

Hughes nods his head, indicating that he wants Mustang to come closer.

"It was scar, no doubt about it." He tells Mustang and then Armstrong starts to speak.

"That man... he's an Ishbalan. I'm sure of it, I saw his red eyes. I'm sorry Lieutenant Colonel, you sent me with direct orders and I failed... I hope the Elric's are okay. The brown skin and red eyes, I know the man chasing him is from Ishbal, I even confronted him about his god.