21 - Smile

*WARNING: The following content may contain sexual content.*

I woke up feeling warm. Moving closer to the warmth, my eyes opened to see a smile. Startled, I pulled away but the arm around my waist kept firm holds of me. Still in a groggy state, I lifted my head to look at him only to have my lips taken. While his firm lips opened my lips and his tongue slid inside, my hands pushed at his stone-like chest.

"Ruyi" He said huskily while his tongue grazed the tip of my bottom lips. "Try sucking"

Sealing his lips over mine once more, I felt his tongue in my mouth. Nervously, I did as told and tried to suck. When saliva begin to spill, his tongue licked at my lips.

"Swallow Ruyi" He said before he put his tongue back into my mouth.

With my back on the bed, the Prince held above me and tilted his head to deepen the kiss. I sucked and swallowed as much as I could until my head begin to feel light. Before I passed out, the Prince withdraw his tongue and cupped my cheeks. I felt confused to see how pleased he looked. Why was he smiling?

"Are you hungry?"

Before I could answer, the Prince already lifted me up in his arms.

Moments later, I found myself eating quietly beside the Prince. The meal had been peaceful until a maid suddenly entered without proper permission. The Prince cold expression made her tremble, but she quickly explained that her mistress was asking if the Prince could spare a moment of his time to spend with her on birthday. Her mistress had prepared small feast for the Prince and hoped he will spend the night with her.

"Someone takes the idiot out of my estate" The Prince ordered. "Pack her mistress things and toss her out as well"

The maid was startled and rushed to beg for mercy. Meanwhile, I had wondered what made the Prince so angry, but not wanting to be the one receiving his anger, I kept quiet while the guards dragged the screaming maid away.

"In the future, anyone else dare interrupt my meal with Wang Fei will receive ten lash before thrown out of the estate"

All the servants and maids took their Prince's words to heart.

"Leave us"

Everyone quickly disperse. Alone, he turned to me and touched my cheeks with the side of index fingers. Uncomfortable at the sudden attention, I tried not to move.

"Your cheeks are cold" His finger slid up and down my cheek before it touch my lips. "Your lips are cold"

Again, I tried not to move.

"Your whole body is cold" He said softly. "The poison did this..."

The poison have altered my body in many ways - the temperature of my body, the color of my eyes, and the color of my skin.

"Do you want revenge?"

His question surprised me.

"No..."

"Why not?"

I could tell the man was the type who never shows mercy. Step on his foot, he'll cut off your leg. But I was not the same. If anyone steps on my foot, I'll simply bear with it. I had never cared enough to think of revenge or retribution.

"It doesn't matter"

"Do you care for your mother? Is that why it doesn't matter that she poison you to this extent"