Twenty Nine

Amelia Adams

I sit an a rounded wooden dinner table with my family. It's the wooden dinner table from home...but we are not home. Surrounding us around the dinner table is nothing but pitch; the only form of light is shined on us and the table- almost like a spot light.

My mom sits eating to my left, my dad to my right, and Adrian in front of me.

Adrian. What is he doing here? He disappeared! Why is mom and dad no freaking out that he's back?

"Adrian! I thought you died! How did you get back here?" I leave my fork against my plate while my family keeps quietly eating. Everyone is dressed in white, including me. My dad is in a white dress shirt and white sweater vest, my mom in a white blouse, and my brother in a white long sleeve shirt. On myself is a white blouse tucked into a white kilt, similar to my school uniform.

Adrain doesn't let his eyes leave his plate, he ignores me and keeps eating his potatos and broccoli like I didn't even say anything. What the hell is going on?

"Adrian? Hello?" I stretch out the hello to try and et his attention.

"Amelia you need to eat your food. I'm not letting everything on your plate go to waste again." My mom says while issuing her fork and knife to cut up her meatloaf.

"Mom why isn't Adrian talking to me? Why aren't you talking to him and asking him how he came back?" I eagerly ask mom but she decides not to respond.

"Amelia did you get your English test graded yet?" My dad says to my right.

"What English test? Dad I don't have English class anymore." I confusingly answer. Where the heck am I?

"With an attitude like that you'll never get into a good school Amelia..." He mumbles.

"Adrian tell him there is no English class anymore! Only survival and history!" I look straight ahead to Adrian who doesn't acknowledge me one bit.

"Adrian!" I stand up, slamming my fist on the table to get his attention, but no one looks at me for even a second. They all keep eating like I don't even exist.

Suddenly I feel a strong hand grab my wrist from behind and whip me around to face them. My eyes come to meet the tall green eyed man that has caused me so much grief. His solid stone features portray such a vibe of hatred.

"Let go of me!" I try to pull away from his grip in fear.

"You're mine babe, don't you fucking forget that." He says before leaning down and picking me up, throwing me over his shoulder and walking away from the table.

My fists bang against his back and I scream bloody murder for my parents.

"Mom! Dad! Adrian! Help me please! He's taking me!" I scream as I get farther and farther away from my family eating around the dinner table.

"Please!" I scream again as I get carried closer into the darkness and further from the spotlighted dinner table.

His hands stay firmly against my legs while he carries me off with nothing but the sounds of my screams.

My eyes open ever so slightly and the light is piercing bright. The sounds of slow repetitive beeps fills my head and I feel sick. My head is pounding and I feel incredibly nauseous. Oh god that was a messed up dream, a nightmare really.