t h i r t y

Oliva

I honestly just wanted to talk to Jordan. I wanted her to understand my side of the story. I wanted her to understand why I did what I did because I was terrified for my life and I was just trying to protect Ravi. This is all my fault, I wish I would have told Jordan the minute I found out. But even if I did what would have happened to Ravi.

Tears were falling from my eyes and that caught Ravi's attention. "Please don't cry I really hate seeing you cry," he told me. I wanted to stop but him saying that made me cry harder.

Brooklyn came back with our food. "Great I leave you with her for like five minutes and you make her cry," she said putting it food on the table.

"Coming from the thot that cheated on her" he spat. Brooklyn rolled her eyes, "let's not forgot you wanted to screw this thot" she reminded him.

"Who says I still don't" he admitted. If I wasn't crying I probably would have told both of them to shut the hell up but I honestly didn't care at the point. "You guys want a room," I said harshly. "Ew," Brooklyn said.

She placed my pancakes in front of me. "You need some cheering up," she told me. I just stared at her, I didn't need cheering up I just needed Jordan to listen. "We should ask Micheal if we can throw a party" she cheered. "Ew, what's a party gonna do" I frowned. Brooklyn rolled her eyes and told Ravi to move over. He did and she sat down next to him.

"A party will lift your sprites, you just to drink and chill with a bunch of strangers," she told me. I squinted, "How is that gonna help me have a good time it sounds like it's just gonna benefit you not me" I explained. "Livy, I know you better than anyone and this is exactly what you need," she told me.

I shook my head, "no what I need is Jordan" I admitted. Brooklyn sucked her teeth, "you need to get over this girl she made a choice" she told me. "I'm gonna talk to Micheal about the party," she said texting on her phone.

I nodded, "I'm gonna go out for a smoke," I said getting up. I walked outside and stood in front of the restaurant.

"Granny tits" I heard Ravi said behind me. I smiled and turned around "what is it needle dick?" I asked. "You know you don't have to do this party thing if you want at the end of the deal it's your problem you should be able to do what you want with it," he said.

I slowly nodded, "I'm also sorry about all of this if I wasn't beaten by Scott you and Jordan would probably-"

"No don't, I don't regret protecting you," I told him. "You're like my best friend Ravi and I'm glad we found each other" I admitted. Ravi smiled and he's dimples were showing, he ran his hands through his hair. "I feel the same," he said.

"I'll leave you to your smoke," he said heading back to the restaurant.

Jordan

It was Saturday, and instead of facing my mother I decided I needed to see Michael again. I read the letter, but there were still things I needed to know. I grabbed my sneakers and put on one of my pullover hoodies. I grabbed my black sweats and headed out the door.

"Jordan!" I heard my step father shout. I turned around. He was in the kitchen, this is the first time I've seen him since I've read the letter. I've been trying my hardest to avoid him. I was afraid how I would react, knowing what I know.

"Where are you going?" he asked. I placed my hands inside the pockets of my hoodie. "Out" I barely whispered.

"Always out these days" he mumbled. "Just don't be out late I think your mother wants to talk to you," he said. I nodded and headed for the door.