chapter 23

"hey man is everything fine?" Donald looked between the both of us. Whoever he was he was just trying to help. But I have something on the inside that gave me an eerie feeling about this dude. Like the way his eyes lingered on my face or how he handed me my ball.

He was a middle aged man and I wasn't even legal yet but the way he observed me was nothing less than creepy behavior.
"Yea man everything is fine just trying to hand the little lady her ball. Also you should try getting her a much smaller one next time." The man said all of this all while licking the top row of his teeth. I could literally throw up.
"Thanks." "No problem y'all take care, name is Kenneth." He introduced himself while shaking Donald's head. I turned my body the other way because I didn't want any parts of him touching me. Don was being respectful to his elders as he was taught. If someone elderly gave advice you were to take heed and listen.

"Young love is such a beautiful thing, and your lady you got right there is too." He winked at me. He winked at me!. Right in front of my boyfriend. I don't know if it was a sign of endearment but he should have just left already.
"Yeah ahah." Don giggled awkwardly. After the man left we resumed back to our activities. I had 1 hour left before curfew. I couldn't afford to come home late this time.
My grandparents had really been riding  me especially since they found out I was involved with Donald.

Of course I could take the time to explain why I was out and more specifically why I was out with him. but I decided to keep it to myself.

during the car ride Donald kept asking if I was okay. And that he felt I was just not in a good mood today. which he was right. I don't take him to be mind reader but if he was he could see that a few things were screwed up in my head. I didn't leave him before giving him a kiss and saying 'good night' though.
********************
Omniscient

In the subdivision Bryers Creek a black tall older man had finally come back home. It had been 18 years since he laid his eyes on his house, the porch, and even the garden. Before ringing on the doorbell he took a few steps back and sighed.

But what he did not know was that a woman with streaks of grey hair was peeking through the window. That woman was his wife and few blocks down the road lived his unknown family.

He did not even have to ring the doorbell because she was going to open it for him. She always believed in her man and stood by him when everyone else cried guilty. But that's what she believed. Whether it was the truth or not she couldn't see because she was blinded by the love she had for him. "Kenneth!"

His wife was overjoyed and greeted him with a tight hug. "Jennifer it feels good to be back." he murmured returning the gesture. He took in the scent of pine sol and lysol that filled the house while she closed the door behind him. "Your bed will be back there to the right." she informed him leading to where his bedroom would be. Naturally a wife and man would share a room together but after being apart for almost 20 years that could conjure up a disaster.
Anyways he would let it go for now. There was no need to be upset from petty matters. As far as he was concerned, if he wanted sex he could get it. Even if that meant swiping it.
*******************
Later that week Kenneth and his wife sat in the living room. She had the remote and decided that she wanted to watch one of her favorite shows 'Matlock' which had been airing for a few years now. This particular episode a girl had been sexually assaulted but never told anyone in the town who it was. Kenneth was unfazed by watching in fact he was intrigued by how the situation was being displayed.

"Kenneth do you want a glass of water?" she asked him. She had gotten up from her couch to take a break because her eyes were glued to the television.
"Yeah baby that would be fine." he said it quickly because he was not really paying attention to her but to the plot of the show.