twelve | dan

Dan couldn't believe he agreed to paint a mural for the Halloween dance. Of course he was told that if he did it he wouldn't have to attend gym class because that when he would paint the mural.

But was it worth it?

The answer is yes.

Turns out they were having a number of test in gym class that weak and he got on A+ on all of them just for painting the mural.

The principal and his art teacher, Mr Davis and Mrs Anderson, said he could paint whatever he wanted but it had to be Halloween themed and appropriate for a high school class. He had decided to go with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme of Jack Skellington standing on the little curved perch. He had started drawing the perch first, it would make it much easier instead of just painting it on right away. It would take longer but that means more gym classes to miss. Of course he was still in a gym. His school had two for some reason but they only used one for gym because the one the dance was being held in had no locker rooms. So it was more a multi-purpose room then an extra gym.

As he drew he thought about the dance. Would he go to this one? It's not like he had anyone to go with but maybe he could go to see the mural in all its glory.

He was pulled out of his thoughts as he saw his classmates get up to leave the class. He packed up his pencils and left.
______________________________________

He had forgotten to tell Phil he was going to miss gym class so when he saw Phil after history (they has separate history classes) he glared at him. Dan chuckled and whispered to Phil. "I'll tell you after class."

Phil scowled but grabbed Dan's hand and dragged him to lunch.
______________________________________

It was a long day in art knowing he had to wait til after school to tell Phil.

Phil knows he draws and very much appreciates it. Everytime Dan doodles something Phil will always be over his shoulder taking peeks at the drawing before it's finished. Dan can't hear his breathing but he can feel his breath on the back of his neck and its strangely endearing.

When school finally let out Phil suggest they go to a cafe he likes called The Vintage. It's very close to Phil's house so he goes there every day before school to get him morning coffee. When Dan goes with his Phil always begs him to order, telling him he doesn't want to talk to the cashier at the counter. Of course the means memorizing Phil's order which isn't that hard to remember.

He always get a black coffee with milk and when it's delivered to him he pours half the little dish of sugar they have set out at the tables. It gets Phil super hyped, sometimes that's why Phil has such big eyes. He gets high off all the sugar he eats.

Thought Dan isn't really one to talk. He gets black coffee with five pumps of hot chocolate, milk, and vanilla. But at least Dan knows how to handle his sugar.

Dan order Phil's medium and his large (because he knows after Phil finishes his coffee he'll steal his) hands the cashier the money before taking the drinks muttering a thank you over his shoulder.

He went over to their usual spot. A small table with two stools near the back window. Phil always insist they sit there in order for them both to get more sunlight. Even though they both know Phil will always be paler.

Phil gave him a big smile when he handed over the coffee then proceeded to pour a massive amount of sugar into his coffee. Dan smiled endearingly at him before gazing out the window. They usually never talk when they're at the coffee shop. Is hard to text and write each other notes when their trying to enjoy their coffee. So after Phil finished his coffee and took Dan's he explained why he wasn't at gym.