Chapter 4 - Part 2

My eyes flickered to his lips. I remembered our kiss and how it had lit me up. The space between us became magnetic, pulling me closer, but he didn't touch me, making it clear if this was what I wanted I would have to make the first move.

Slowly I lifted a hand and slid it behind his neck, pulling him closer. I pressed my lips to his. The moment our mouths connected I felt a thrill of excitement spread through me.

Our mouths fused as his tongue swept against mine. I locked my hands around his neck as his hands went to my hips. Our tongues danced together. With one kiss I felt swept away, unable to form a thought.

"I take that as a yes," he said when he ended the kiss, still with his hands on my hips. My skin tingled beneath his touch. It took me a few seconds to come back down to earth, and I nodded. He was irresistible.

"You hungry?" he asked.

"Yeah, I haven't eaten today."

Feeling a little embarrassed at the effect he had on me, I stepped back, needing space between us.

"Do you want to go out or would you like me to make something?" he offered.

"You cook?" I asked, and he nodded.

I didn't think I had ever dated a guy who had offered to make me a meal. They usually took me out. It made his suggestion all that more special. I didn't feel like going out but I didn't have any food. "I haven't got anything. I've been meaning to do some grocery shopping."

"I can go and get some stuff. I'll be back in about half an hour," he offered.

"Okay," I said.

He pressed a quick kiss to my mouth, taking me by surprise, before he left. I stood there feeling fazed for a while before I decided to go and put some jeans and a less comfy shirt.

For the first time I felt nervous, and a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach kept me anxious until he came back. He walked in with two full grocery bags.

"I thought you were just getting enough for lunch, not the whole week," I said, peering into the bags. There was milk and bread among other things.

"I wanted to make sure you had at least the basics." He began to unpack the bags and I leaned against the counter as he packed the stuff away.

It was like he was completely at home. I wasn't sure how I felt about that.

"What are you going to make?" I asked, allowing him to take over. It wasn't something I did often but I was tired and hungry.

"I can make steak or pasta," he said, giving me the choice.

"Pasta," I picked. Steak would be too much on my delicate stomach.

"Then pasta it is."

I sat down on the counter and watched as he got the ingredients and began to make our food.

"Where did you learn to cook?"

"At home. My mom was big on the equality thing. Whatever she taught my sisters, she taught me."

I liked his mother already. I had always wanted a sibling, despite my friends assuring me that having one was a pain in the butt and nothing to be envious of.

"How many sisters do you have?"

"Two younger ones."

So he was the older brother? Was that what had made him want to protect me from Ryan or was it just because he liked me? It was probably a bit of both. Not that it really mattered.