╟ Chapter 107: Mermaid Princess ╢

Your group, consisting of Luffy, Nami, Usopp, Brook, Keimi, Pappug and you, climbed on top of Megalo. Said animal made weird sounds of 'Shashasha', before it followed King Neptune and the whale. You departed from the city to the sky where there was another bubble floating at the top.

On your way there, you couldn't help but watch below the sight it delivered. It was no doubt beautiful, but you quickly felt sick in a matter of minute. Your stomach growled, and your face took a light shade of green. Noticing your expression and unease, Brook sent at you a worried look:

"(y/n)-san? Maybe you should sit in the middle" suggested the skeleton, and you hummed in displeasure.

"It won't make a difference..." you grunted.

"But it'll be better than at the edge"

You froze as the musician lifted you with ease, and put you in said position. You'd never admit out loud but it was indeed better than where you once stood.

"What's wrong with you, old geezer? Those yells are ridiculous" commented Luffy with a chuckle at the king who kept repeating the word 'Jamon' while swinging himself left and right.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! QUIT BEING RUDE!" screeched the starfish, running to climb on top of your captain's shoulder. "STRAW, YOU'RE SCARY! YOU'RE HONESTLY SCARING ME!"

"That shark there...He's my daughter's pet, and she cares a lot about him-jamon. When Megalo didn't come back, she wouldn't stop crying" frowned sadly King Neptune. "So he'd been attacked by the Kraken. That was really dangerous, and I'm thankful that you saved him-jamon"

"Sha! Sha!" nodded the shark.

"Well, it was just a coincidence, but yeah, good thing we managed to save him" said Luffy.

"Oh, so he's the Mermaid Princess's pet..." spoke Pappug.

"Hm? Pappug-san, did you not once say that you and the Mermaid Princess were best friends?" inquired Brook, and the starfish quickly hushed him down. "Either way, it sure is a shame about Sanji-san. He wanted to meet the Mermaid Princess more than any of us"

"He was just born under an unlucky star" shrugged the sniper. "I think. Still , if the princess has a shark as a pet..."

"Is it really okay?" asked Keimi, cutting Usopp's train of thoughts about how the Mermaid Princess looked like. "For us to come along to the Ryugu Palace"

"He did say 'Your friends are quite welcome too-jamon', so what's the problem?" said Usopp, imitating the king.

"Most people never get to go there, right? Since you have the chance, you should enjoy it" smiled Nami.

"To tell you the truth, I sent my sons out to fetch you, but they still haven't returned-jamon. So I decided to go myself. After all, I too am looking forward to the feast, and wish to start eating soon-jamon!" exclaimed King Neptune.