Chapter 36 - Wouldn't Take A Lesson From You

My witty remark was responded to with another lightning flash, before a crack of electricity almost hit my feet.

"Less sarcasm, more fighting. C'mon!" Blaze Boy yelled, before zooming off and firing a blast of fire at the now levitating ElectroNite.

"Please don't hurt me too much, father. I don't want too many bruises." I muttered under my breath as I took off and began gaining altitude. I decided to try out a new technique I had seen Blaze Boy do. A water bomb. It would fizz out ElectroNite's electricity for at least a few seconds. Vital seconds. As I stopped accelerating and looked down below, I noticed some nearby civilians that were still trapped in a car. Sighing, I swooped down towards the large family car and landed, before attempting to open the passenger's door. Shoot. It was locked. I peaked inside the car to find a little girl in the back, with her two parents in the front. They were banging on the windows frantically and shouting, but it was inaudible. The girl was sat silent and expressionless in the back, obviously unaware of the potential danger in the situation, whilst her parents were practically crying and screaming.

"Cover your face and get back!" I yelled, preparing to shoot a jet of water at the passenger's window. The woman ducked down and covered her face as I blasted a torrent of water at the window. Instantly, the glass shattered with a loud smash, and I finally heard the cries of the parents.

"Oh thank the lord!" The woman exclaimed, as I reached inside the car to unlock the door and she scrambled out. Her husband followed quickly, before leaning in and unbuckling the child's seat belt from the back. The little girl simply stared at me, open-eyed, as her father held her close to his chest.

Gee, it was kinda creepy getting stared at like that.

She should be one of those little girls in horror movies. The role would suit her well.

I snapped back into reality at the crack of a lightning bolt, and the family's worried faces (apart from the little girl).

"Right then, just ran down the bridge as fast as you can and don't stop until you've reached safety or the toll booths!" I instructed, ushering the family as they began their journey. Ignoring the continuing stares of the little girl over her father's shoulder, I shot back up to a higher altitude and assessed the situation. ElectroNite and Blaze Boy were still battling it out with their respective elements on the road, smashing nearby trees and cracks in the road from the shear force of their powers. I took a deep breath, before flipping myself upside down and shooting towards the ground, my hands outstretched. The road was advancing in my vision rapidly, and just at the last moment before impact, I yelled out to Blaze Boy.

"Duck!" 

My voice was drowned out by the impact of my water bomb on ElectroNite's electricity. An ear-splitting crash pierced my ear-drums as the water and electricity combined. I laid on the hard road for a few seconds, catching my breath, before Blaze Boy's silhouette appeared before me. He offered out a hand and I accepted it, using it to pull my aching body off the floor.

"That was...awesome." Blaze Boy declared, grinning at me crookedly. I smiled and was about to say something when ElectroNite make a sound from the road a few meters away. 

"That was not the end of it." I replied, letting go of Blaze Boy's hand quickly and shooting upwards again.

"You shoot from the sky, I'll shoot from the road!" Blaze Boy yelled, looking up at me. I nodded from the sky and prepared myself as ElectroNite gathered his broken ego from the road and stood up again, his metal boots crunching against the concrete.

"You kids never learn, do you?" He bellowed, his voice gravelly and deep. 

"Well I'd like to think I learn at school, but I wouldn't take a lesson from you!" I mused from above him. He turned and looked at me from beneath his dark purple mask.

"You know, I once had a daughter just like you. Witty, brave, confident. But, I had to leave her." As ElectroNite spoke, he looked after from me. "It was for the best. I would've done anything for her, I would've given her the world. But now, you children are just pests. Pests should be exterminated."

I had to control every cell in my body not to rip off my mask and cry out that I was, in fact, Cascade Brown, his daughter.

But I couldn't.

I wouldn't.

Instead, I began the plan Blaze Boy had spoken about, by beginning to accelerate towards ElectroNite on the ground. He looked up to me just as Blaze Boy fired his fire flame, and soon there was a mixture of water and fire conducting around him. I heard a loud, manly roar from inside of the misty haze Blaze Boy and I had created. I levitated above the mist as Blaze Boy stood on the ground, and we both continually fired into it. Suddenly, a crackle of electricity joined the mixture, and the mist began turning into a huge ball of watery plasma. It didn't look too good.

"This will blow soon! We need to get away!" Blaze Boy shouted over the loud noise of the elements combining.

"Fly in the direction of the headquarters on my count! As soon as we cut off our elements, it'll blow!" I replied, getting ready to fire myself in the direction of the small woods.

"3..." I began counting loudly, so that Blazey Boy could hear me. I could hear ElectroNite stirring within the plasma water bubble.

"2..." Blaze Boy looked over at me, his muscles tense.

"1..." I could feel my arms beginning to ache from the shear force of the water I was pushing towards the bubble.

"Go!" I screamed, stopping the flow of water from my arms and shooting off into the trees. As I entered the woods, I heard the familiar sound of roaring flames behind me, and the almighty boom of the plasma ball exploding.

Now all we had to do we get inside the base and grab that serum.

Simple, heh?