I'm Doing This Because I Love You

You poured the to-go cup full of coffee out and filled the cup with water, now if you could just quietly slip it back on the table without–

"Hey!" Your husband protested from the archway leading to the dining room. "Take your hands off my coffee!" He crossed his arms.

"Your doctor said watch your coffee intake," you eyed him from the table. "And if you're not going to do it, I will." You replied as he started to pout.

"I need coffee in the morning!" He narrowed his eyes at you.

"You already had one cup of coffee this morning right after you rolled out of bed. You can have a little more, in this mug." You poured less than a cup of coffee and a touch of sugar into the mug and stirred, before handing it to an unamused Barba.

"Fine," he rolled his eyes. He turned away from you dramatically. "I'll just drink some at work, like usual," he muttered, but you heard his sass.

"And don't think you can get away with drinking cup after cup of coffee at the office because Carmen is also on board," He gave you a very dirty look. "Oh, real mature, Rafi." You remarked. "And Liv knows too," Oh, that look was deadly.

"You told everyone about my doctor's orders?"

"Nope, just Liv and Carmen." You smiled sweetly.

"Cariño," he started softly, walking up to you. You knew where this was going.

"You are not sweet talking your way out of this," You spoke sternly as you backed away. "I'm just taking care of you." He frowned, so you walked up and placed a soft kiss to his cheek.

"I'm not happy about this." He griped standing like a statue.

"I know, you've made that quite clear." You replied to your grumbling husband as he pulled on his jacket and picked up his briefcase. You practically shoved the to-go mug of water in his hand.

"I love you." You looked up at him.

"Te amo tambien."

"I'm just doing this because I love you."

"I know." He kissed you softly. You watched as he mulled over a thought. "And, thank you." He smiled softly.