Sealed With a Kiss

'Final call for the bathroom ladies!' My mom shouts before we get our dresses on. 'Especially you Jenna,' she said with a wink.

It's here, finally; the day I've been planning for, stressing over and dodging the media for the past year. I get to marry my best friend.

I see my dress laid out on my bed, it was a fit and flare style, made of satin and had a youthful sweetheart neck line. There was ample beading around the corset top and my shoes, had similar beading. My mom and Stephanie help me into the gown and tie me up. I look in the mirror and hear my mom sniffle, no, no tears!

We hugged and I whispered, 'I'll always be your baby girl'.

The limo arrived and we made our way to the church. I kept checking my watch 2:40pm. We have plenty of time, just breathe. Everything will be okay.

Everyone makes their way out of the limo and we meet the pastor who directs us to the bridal room at the back of the church. My dad arrived, which means Hunter is here too. The bridesmaids lined up with the groomsmen, and my mom started to walk down the aisle to sit with Mr. &Mrs. Hayes. The music starts, even though it's October, the song we chose for the entrance is the Merry Christmas Cannon, and the bridal party begins to walk out. The guys look so handsome in their suits and the girls in their dresses and then I feel it. That heavy weight in the bottom of my stomach, the butterflies, palm sweat – all eyes on me. I didn't even realize I walked to the archway. But I took a deep breath, and I met my eyes with Hunt's. Everything felt so calm, his smile said, Get over here!

We decided to write our own vows, and Hunter went first.

'Jenna Grace, you are my inspiration, my calm. You are the gravity that keeps me grounded as much as you are the support that lifts me up. I will always strive to be the best I can for you. I will celebrate during happy times, I'll be there to support you during the hard times. I cannot wait to start the next chapter of our lives together.'

And so my eyes began to water and I smiled, reading my vows.

'Hunter Easton,' I paused, Hunter squeezed my hand for reassurance. 'Today marks the day we begin a new chapter, we take on new titles as husband and wife. I vow to support you and cherish you, in sickness, health, in times of celebration and in times of sadness. Thank you for making all of my dreams come true.'

'With the power invested in me, on behalf of the state of Tennessee, I am proud to announce Mr. and Mrs. Hunter and Jenna Hayes. You may kiss the bride!'

The church erupts into applause and cheers as Hunter and I kiss, I feel my cheeks redden, and as we part he mouths 'I love you' and I reciprocate. Music emerges from the cheers, 'Sparks Fly' plays over the sound system as Hunter and I make our way hand in hand down the aisle. The bridal party joined us in the slightly cramped bridal suite, and I hear our wedding director clapping her hands. 'Jenna you look beautiful and Hunter you're quite dashing yourself. The plan is to do photos here, some outside and we've got both of your parents here. The guests will make their way to the venue.'

We nod, Hunter more used to people telling him what the game plan is than I am. His watch read 3:30, dinner will be served at 5:30.

We spent close to an hour taking pictures at the church before we headed over to the venue. We were taken in a side door to access the bridal suite and see the ballroom. I felt my jaw drop as I looked around in pure amazement. The up lighting, centerpieces, tables – everything was perfect. 'This is beautiful Jenna.' I nodded, still stunned. "I don't know if I told you yet either,' he started, 'You look incredibly beautiful. And you've made me the happiest guy on earth.'

I smiled, tears welling in my eyes and kissed him gently on the lips. 'Hunter, I'm living out every girl's dream right now. But I'm so happy and lucky it's my reality.'