chapter 17

Song- back to you- bebe rehax and some other dude

James stayed for a while talking to katherine lightheartedly but her mind was somewhere else.

Her face paled when she had looked back up at him after he had walked into their bedroom. He had heard elena talking about it to katherine. Everything  she said was true. He trusted elena with his life but katherines things where all he had left of what little love he had seen in his life.

He grew up in wealth. His mother a big shot fashion designer and father a buisness tycoon much like himself.

They traveled alot so james had had a nanny. He was an only child. And his  childhood was lonley and his life had always been materialistic all his things where the one stability he had that he knew he owned. His parents knew little about a childs imagination and raised him up to focus on studies and business.
He jumped from woman to woman through the years. He normaly had a different one each night but never jad a stable relationship lkmger than two weeks. He knew he was pathetic but he had no other outlet onone to comfide in. It was in summer a few years ago he got word from his human resources team that he had a new secratary starting in september. That She was young a few years younger than him and on her placement year of college.

He expected her to come in barely dressed like all the others but she didn't. Instead katherine had worn a black skirt just above knee length and a pale pink blouse. The most provocative thing she wore was a pair of black christian louis bouiton stilettos which had made her legs look even longer and sexier. He had  noticed.

He was drawn to her immediately. Her doe eyes. Her long wavy hair. Her petite body. Her sassy attitude. He loved it all.

She didn't put up with the ludicrous demands he made each day. She put im in his place and more often than not he found himself obeying her orders.

She certainly wasnt submissive anyway.

She was still exactly the same fiery woman that he used to know. There was only one thing different about her and he couldn't seem to lay his finger on it. He had noticed the day he met her in the law firm but couldn't pin point exactly what it was.

he walked down the hall into ellas room. she was sitting in the corner playing with the new toys he had bought for her. she deserved to be spoilt. he had only known ella a matter of weeks and she already had him wrapped around her finger. 
She looked up towards the door at the sound of his footsteps and grinned jumping up from the ground. 

"Daddy, daddy my room is so cool" she sqeeled as james lifted her up in his arms

She wrapped her tiny arms around his neck giggling as he tickled under her chin

This is what he had been missing out on. Watching his little girl grow up all because of those pictures.

A scream sounded through the house just after a loud thud.

James looked back towards the door and ran out of ellas room still holding her.

Elenas scream sounded again and frantic wailing out for james.

James felt his heart begin to race as he reached his room and saw katherine passed out on the floor and elena kneeling beside her trying to wake her up. He rushed up to katherines side and set ella down beside him.

"Mommy wake up" ella began crying at the sight of her mother laying on the floor.

"Elena call an ambulance and take ella to her play room and look after her" james instructed panic evident in his voice. How could this happen. Elena stood up grabbing ellas hand and ran out of the room.

James felt a wave of emotion as he sat beside katherines lifless body. Her breathing was slow her pulse weak and her eyes closed as if she were in a deep sleep. The thought of loosing the woman he loved again broke him. He wrapped her body in his strong arms and rocked her kissing her cheek lightly waiting for the ambulance to come.

It was five minutes later he heard the sirens and another five until the paramedics appeared in the doorway.

They placed katherine on the streacher they brought and wheeled her out of the house. James stayed with her in the ambulance holding her hand the hole journey.

His mind raced with things he wish he has said to her. Things he wished he had done. His heart broke a little more every minute that passed which he didnt get to see her open her beautiful eyes. Eyes that told a story of thier own. Eyes that held you captive. Eyes that james hadnt been able to get out of his mind the past five years.

The nurses hooked her up to an iv and heart monitor. The constant beeping was the only thing that could reassure him she was still alive. No matter how many times the nurse said it. It was the beep that held the most importance to him.

The paramedics fed the nurses information. The nurses took the information down on clipboards and ran for the doctor.

James sat outside the room as katherine was examined by the doctor. Doctor sharky was the bast apparently at his job what that was james wasnt sure but the nurse had reassured him that his wife was in good hands.

The door opening startled james and he stood quickly from the wooden chair he had been resting on which made a noisy screech as he moved.

He rubbed his sweaty palms on his trousers as he waited for thw doctor to speak.

"Well how is my wife?" His voice was ragged concern etched on his face he had been waiting hours for news.

"Your wife is stable mr saunders. But the growth is rapid and the medications are not going to be enough. I dont think she will make it out of this hospital sir." The doctor hung his head low. And james furrowed his eyebrows in confusion

"Growth, what growth? What do yku mean she won't make it out of the hospital?" The pressure in his chest increased by the minute and he felt his heart shatter as doctor sharky gave him a confused look before he completely ruined his life.

"Your wife has cancer mr saunders"

Well you thought he shkuld know xxx

What do you think? Hope you enjoyed this chapter x

Here are the results from the romance awards we got awarded judges choice so im so proud of how far we have come