Oh, Dear!

Chapter Thirteen: Oh, Dear!

~~ I woke with a splitting headache and a sense of grogginess, as I came to I realized an arm laid over my chest. My eyes shot open ever wider and I glanced down to see a pale green arm laid across my body, fingers laying limply beside me. Slowly, gently, I turned my head to the right; knowing who I would face when I did so. And, I was correct. The Captain laid beside me, his face buried in a pillow, and yet his arms were sprawled out beside him; he was without a shirt, but he wore black trousers.

His back rose and fell softly with his tranquil breathing; he was still asleep. I hurriedly looked down to myself and saw that I was out of the dress that the women gave to me and in a nightgown; a purple, frilly nightgown with a sweetheart neckline. I relaxed again and sighed, turning my head to the left, attempting to not move the rest of my body so as to not wake him. I spotted a few empty rum bottles scattered about the left side of the room and realized, I couldn't remember what happened when I laid down in his bed! He groaned and turned towards me, on his side, and nestled his face between my shoulder and the bed; curling his fingers around my arm and holding me close to him, he sighed and groaned again, laying his leg over mine.

I sighed and smiled, he was warm.

The boat swayed slightly, however, for the most part the boat glided and I began to feel drowsiness overcome me again. Within moments, however, the Captain sighed again and woke me from my zoning state; his eyes opened slowly and he stared at me for a moment, his eyes glazed over, the evidence of a restful night. He pushed his upper body above me with his left arm, hesitantly unwraveling his right arm from me and yawning. He smiled down to me with eyelids that drooped and hair that was flattened to one side. "You said you like cuddling, didn't you?"

Asked he with a smile, turning and sitting on his behind; I smiled and stretched. "What happened last night?" I asked, continuing my stretch and looking to him; he only ran his fingers through his hair, scratching his head, and smiled deviously. "What?" I asked, sitting up, upon my elbows, he shook his head and stood from the bed, taking up his cotton shirt which laid upon the floor; he turned upon his heel and grasped the footboard, smiling at me, winking and walking out of the room.

"Wait...what?" I asked, to myself as the door was shut; I jumped out of the bed and ran after him, throwing the door open and running out, yelling after him. "Stop that!" I cried; he paused and turned, still holding his shirt.

"Stop what?" He asked, turning fully towards me.

"Not answering my questions verbally; I don't understand whatever you just did. I'm not good at interpreting body language!" I said, stamping my foot accidently; he raised his eyebrow and gave a half smile, crossing his arms and leaning on the wood wall of the boat.

"You think just because you get a little hissy fit I'm going to tell you?" He asked, still smiling, I sighed.

"No, I...I just, I'm so tired of not knowing; especially when it deals with something important" I answered; he nodded.

"Understandable" he remarked, twirling his shirt around his fingers.

"So, what happened last night? What were all those rum bottles doing in the room? They weren't there before I laid down" I answered, feeling my headache thunder back, it had faded away for a few moments. I grimaced and the Captain took a step towards me, concern tinging his features.

"What's wrong?" He asked quickly; I shook my head and waved the question away.

"Just a headache, now, if you please, my questions?" I asked, my left hand holding my temple. He sighed.

"We got drunk, we became friendly....maybe a little more than we should've, and we fell asleep." He explained, there was a hiss in his voice; we were quiet for a moment, in fact, the world around us was silent as well! The crew hadn't been roused and the night watchman had fallen asleep, the seagulls were still in their nests and the water was completely calm; the wind was nothing but a whisper and the sun was rising just above the waterline.

"H-How 'friendly' did we get?" I asked, becoming quiet. He sighed and nodded, sucking on his gums he walked past me and back into his bedroom, I peeked inside to see him retrieve his suit from the built--in closet; on the suit ran a long tare. He threw that down on his bed and unwravled his shirt, showing me a rip at the neckline of his shirt; my hand touched my lips in surprise and he scoffed.

"Of course, I'm not that innocent either" he said, rummaging through his closet to reveal the dress the women had given me, it was torn completely open! "However" he started again "I promise you, we did nothing more than that." He assured, I fell against the doorframe, how could I not remember something like that?

"How drunk was I?" I asked a loud; the Captain chuckled.

"You're a lightweight, your cheeks flushed at the end of your first bottle. You started getting frisky at your second; in total, you drank two and a half bottles of rum." He finished; I nodded slowly and sighed.

"You swear that's...that's all we did?" I asked with a stutter, he nodded slowly and I mentally thanked god that's all that happened! "O-Okay, I...uh...thank you" I said, he nodded and without a word, passed me and walked back out on deck, putting on his ripped shirt and rousing the crew.

~~ We didn't speak to each other that day, I didn't know why but it felt so awkward around him now, I didn't know what to say, mostly because I couldn't remember anything! So, I sat in my room and drew, (between you and I the drawings were mostly pictures of him from my memory); to be completely frank he was quite...desirous. I smiled at a picture of him I finished, it actually looked quite realistic; I added all the details I remembered. All of a sudden the door opened, I gasped and slammed the book I had been drawing in, shut; I was afraid it was the Captain! But, alas, it wasn't. 

I didn't know who it was, it was a man with short, brown hair; he was shorter than the Captain, but taller than I and his back was turned to me. He turned slowly and I found I recognized his face! "Raoul?!" I asked, baffled; I sat up and he sighed, his index finger rushing to his lips. He ran forwards and threw his hand over my mouth, breathing quietly.

"I snuck on, just a few moments ago, there's a dingy trailing the ship, come on, Anna, let's go." He whispered reaching out his hand; I bit my lip and tapped my book. "What are you waiting for? They might be discovered any second! Come on!" He whispered, urgently; I sighed and shook my head.

"I...I don't want to go, Raoul. The Captain's actually very....sweet; I'm perfectly fine here, thank you." I explained and Raoul stood before me, dumbfounded. After a few moments of silence he finally spoke.

"Have you gone utterly mental? He's a pirate! He kills people!" Raoul hissed in a whisper, throwing his arms around in exasperation.

"So do you, but I have no personal bias's against you, now do I?" I asked in a normal tone.

"That's different" Raoul growled, no longer speaking in a whisper.

"Oh? Just because you get an order from the king makes killing  man different? The way I see it, the logical way, taking a life is taking a life; killing a man, or woman, deserves the same amount of punishment no matter your station or title. It's murder all the same." I growled; Raoul became impatient.

"Come now, Anna, we'll have a better life! We can even live in London!" Raoul attempted to persuade; I shook my head.

"No, no, thank you for the offer, really, thank you; but, no, I want to stay here." I said, smiling; Raoul shook his head once more and dug something out of his pocket, it was a small piece of paper. It ran thus:

'We, Elizabeth and Will Turner, give Raoul de Chagny full marriage rights to our daughter, Anna Turner, who is old enough, and quite ready for, marriage. This includes: intercourse (both social and sexual), to have full authority over and of her, to bare or not to bare children, to love for an eternity and generally doing what as he pleases with the Viscountess. If she is not capable of birthing, the client, Raoul de Chagny, agrees to adopting a single male child to be the heir to his name.

This certificate is to be signed by both parents so as to be sure the signing over of their daughter is true to their wishes and fancies. Anna Turner may not agree to this arrangement but it is both God's and her parent's will, as well as the will of Monsieur Raoul de Chagny; once this agreement is signed by all three participants, as well as a witness, the certificate is active as of that moment. Raoul de Chagny may take wherever he so pleases and wed the young Viscountess, with the blessing of both parents. This document is to be read thrice, once to the parents and suitor, once to the young woman, and once at the wedding after vows are exchanged before God.'