Chapter 32: Truth

As the Emperor, leaded both people to Princess Shui's rooms he couldn't help but feeling a menacing aura behind him, when he turned around both Peizhi and Mingxia Jie were smiling back at him. It gave him a fright as he had never experienced this type of menacing aura that both had. Mingxia Jie looked around and saw that she had thought that she saw someone staring at the group, she had not thought that her mind was playing tricks on her. She was always the rationale type, but kept the thought of someone lurking near her heart as it would be a possibility to prove useful. But she had no time to think of the lurking figure as the sweet melody of Princess Shui's screams lightly lingered in the air.

Arriving at the doors the crying and screaming had stopped. Mingxia Jie thought she was dead, but the rustling of sheets made her think otherwise. She entered and left Peizhi to keep his watch on the Emperor. Upon entering the room, she was greeted by the fainting of multiple maids and at the center an imperial physician with Princess Shui. The maids that had not been infected had been asked to leave immediately, while the rest were scratching and crying . She walked up to the physician before putting a hand on his shoulder. Distain rested in the imperial physician's eyes but Mingxia Jie wasn't in the mood to deal with incompetent people. She kicked the physician out before asking the maids serving her to prepare the stone needles, before starting to hear the damn idiot howl again like a wounded animal. If she wanted to treat her, she would surely have to shut her up first.

The maids with her looked at their Princess before sighing and about to step out when Mingxia Jie calls them back.

-"Pin her down."

-"Excuse me Miss. You want us to pin down the only Princess of the Imperial family?"

-"Yes. If you heard me you'll do it."

-"We can't."

-"Would you rather I end your little life now before she can."

-"..."

The maids then went over to Princess Shui who was howling out of pain to scream out again the minute her maids touched her. They looked back at Mingxia Jie with pity in their eyes, but Mingxia Jie didn't spout a word. Both women looked at each other before sighing and pinning the Princess to the ground. Mingxia Jie looked at the Princess and smirked, before crouching down and making her sniff a tonic. In a matter of minutes, Princess Shui had been knocked unconscious. She asked the maids to carry her to the bed, while asking another to remove all the incense because she didn't like how it smelled.

Mingxia Jie then asked a maid to bring her the stone needled for the acupuncture treatment. The maid seemed confused but Mingxia Jie was far too tired to deal with more incompetent people. After receiving everything she needed she asked everyone to leave. Mingxia Jie didn't want to deal with more idiotic people, although one was very persistent. The Imperial physician wouldn't allow for Mingxia Jie to treat her alone. Mingxia Jie decided to give up and let him watch, but if he had so much as make a peep or disturb her, it would the Princess' life on his head.

Mingxia Jie began her treatment, seconds turned to minutes, and minutes turned to hours. Soon enough the sun's light had dwindled away, but no sign of Mingxia Jie was seen out of the chambers. After she had put down a bloodied needle in the water she slipped Princess Shui a truth serum, something she had concocted before she had left to Xue. It was supposed to be meant for when she was to interrogate Bai the next time he decided to pay her a visit. After an hour, Princess Shui woke up, seeing Mingxia Jie beside her bedside wasn't something she wanted to see and the truth serum gave away to her true intentions.

She jumped up and pushed Mingxia Jie off the edge of her beside before spouting flames of a seductress and a slut. Soon enough she had started to strangle Mingxia Jie, but had failed to because of how weak she was. She grabbed one of the nearest items, a jade hairpin. She tried to stab Mingxia Jie but as the hairpin became closer to her face, it stopped because the royal adviser had shouted at Princess Shui. Princess Shui became erratic and thrusted the hairpin back up before trying to stab Mingxia Jie. Mingxia Jie was lucky as she kicked Princess Shui off her and the royal adviser grabbed her wrists and made her drop the hairpin.

Mingxia Jie sneered at the Princess before getting up and dusting herself off. She stared coldly at Princess Shui, who had been spitting fire, throwing threats, insults and even confessed to framing Mingxia Jie with the death of the Prime Minister. Although it was a shame, as Mingxia Jie had already turned her back and walked off, not wanting to be part of the crowd anymore. She walked off quite briskly as Mingxia Jie sighed to herself questioning why she had saved Princess Shui, but quick footsteps caught up to Mingxia Jie. It had happened to be the royal adviser.

-"Jie'er, please. I'm so sorry for the ordeal you've gone through."

-"Don't call me that. I'm married. Besides, it's over."

-"Please come back."

The royal adviser stayed with Mingxia Jie as she arrived at where Princess Xiao was staying, the maids opened the chamber door for Mingxia Jie. The royal adviser begged Mingxia Jie to come back with him to Princess Shui's room.

-"Good night royal adviser."

Before slamming the bamboo door in his face. She sighed and asked a maid to draw a bath, she wasn't in the particular mood to deal with anyone. Not even Xiao. As she undressed herself, the thoughts of the lurking figure crept back into her mind. She frowned at the idea. As she looked up at the roof of the open bath a figure was seen to be sneaking over the top of the bath, which further piqued her interest. 'Who is that, and what are they doing here?'