Lollipops - Chapter 11

Some would say that the Marauders were incapable of being serious. That everything was all fun and jokes to them, and that pranks, to them, was the key to life.

Then again, some people were wrong; terribly wrong.

If you knew the Marauders, not knew of, knew, then you'd know well enough that with the power of dedication and determination, the Marauders could be as serious as the topic of life and death...

Just kidding.

Anyways, that week, the Marauders defied the thoughts of everyone, and set their mind to one thing, which was, of course, Naomi Serdeys. They had devoted all of their free time to finding out if she was a trustworthy person, due to the fact that she knew a well hidden secret of theirs, and they needed to know if they could trust her with it.

James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter were so serious about the situation, that they had spent a whole hour deciding who would take on morning, afternoon, and evening shifts spent keeping an eye on the girl. To some, that'd seem a little weird—more than weird in fact—but after much contemplating, the Marauders were able to convince themselves that they were being perfectly reasonable.

Which, in turn, lead Remus and Naomi to the following moment: As Naomi travelled to the Hospital Wing, Remus was following her, keeping a distance not too far, but far enough that she would not take notice of him. He made sure to only take the initiative to make another step once she had turned the corner, and would not, in any way, catch him.

He did not have the Marauders Map in his hand, nor did he have James' Invisibility Cloak atop his head, because if he was caught, he could simply pretend that he was taking a small stroll or something of the other.

Anyways, by the time Remus was hidden behind a wall, Naomi had reached the Hospital Wing and was inside it, having an overly casual conversation with the nurse, Madam Pomfrey.

He tried to blend in with the shadows, but he knew that without even trying, Naomi could simply look in his direction and he'd be caught. However, Remus was too preoccupied with the question of, 'Why did Naomi come to the Hospital Wing?' to fret, and do anything but rely on luck and hope.

The question was a very well dwelled upon one by him. Naomi didn't appear as hurt; no bruise, no scar, no limp, no nothing. Then again, her reason to visit the Wing could've been something along the lines of stress, or a headache. But, if so, why did Naomi seem so bubbly? In fact, on her journey to the Hospital Wing, she'd been skipping, while humming the melody of a song, a lollipop stuffed in her mouth. And, as she spoke to Madam Pomfrey, she seemed to be perfectly content and happy.

With whatever reason Remus thought up, there was always something to contradict his statement. With that being said, Remus decided that if he wanted to know, it would do best to eavesdrop in on the conversation taking place between the two. Maybe then he'd discover some useful information.

Little did he know...

Little did he know that what he was about to hear, well, it was better left unsaid.

"Hello, Madam Pomfrey." He heard Naomi politely greet the nurse.

"Why, hello dear," She greeted back. "Another potion, I presume?"

Potion? Remus furrowed his eyebrows; why did Madam Pomfrey throw in the word 'another' as if Naomi seeking for a potion was a normal thing?