Chapter 28

Liz POV
"I... er I..." my eyes darted everywhere, trying to decide if I should just tell her that I was going on a date  or I should probably tell Sean first. I mean, he is kinda involved in this...
"Don't tell me you guys are..." she leaned in slightly and whispered.
"Dating" she chuckled haughtily at what she just said, as if its the absurd thing that would ever happen.
I laughed along, trying to hide my slight panic.
"I wish! You guys are like two stubborn mules! When you guys actually date, it would be like hell froze over! " she laughed.
"Whats so funny?" Sean walked over, a smile on his face as well.
My grandma stifled her laughter to speak.
"I was just telling Liz how funny it would be if you guys actually... dated!" She had another round of laughter.
Sean and I exchanged looks, laughing slightly.
So this is how we're going to tell her huh?
"Actually... we are." His voice was nervous and hesitant. Both of us cringed, waiting for Grandma's reaction.
The moment the words were uttered, there was no taking them back.
She paused and stared at me, her eyes widening to the size of the pepperoni on our pizzas.
"I'm sorry. Must be my hard of hearing." Her eyes darted from me to Sean and back to me again.
"Actually we are...?" Sean repeated, acting clueless.
"You are what?" Grandma prompted, she pushed up her spectacles resting on her nose, as if that will help her hearing.
"Dating...?" I said as if I was treading on thin ice.
"You kids are hilarious!" She burst out into another round of laughter.
She's impossible...
Before I could try to correct her, Sean took a step closer to me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me to him gently.
We watched in amusement as we looked at grandma's priceless reaction.
"Holy holy holy guacamole! What? What?" She looked like a child high on sugar as she watched us eagerly.
Both of us let out a sigh of relief. At least she didn't disapprove!
"Oh my gosh! You... when? How? Why?" She grabbed our hands eagerly.
"Its a long story grandma..."

"I have time and besides, the pizzeria is pretty empty now! Its not lunch time yet. So you guys better start telling me!"
"It all started when Sean over here stole my first kiss." Sean coughed awkwardly and I rolled my eyes at him.
"I already know that part Liz! You whined about it for a good 15 minutes when you came back from school." I blushed at my grandma's comments and Sean smirked at me.
"Did you hear about the part where she kicked me in the balls?"
"That I did not! Tell me all the juicy details! Its been so long since I've heard stories!"
"Well, I kneed him for being a dick and lucky me! You hired him that very day!"
"Yeah? Well, she pulled my pants down!"
"He posted pictures of my sleeping face all over school!"
"Did you know she dated Leo? Probably to make me jealous but whatever."
I gasped. "Excuse me? Make you jealous? What about Stacey?" I folded my arms, proud of myself. Before he could counter, I turn to my grandma. " Did you know he lied? He told me he already asked Stacey to go to the carnival with but he ended up asking her again? Infront of me! Like this guy can't even keep up with his own lie!" My lips twitched up to form a smile.
My grandma gasped.
Sean looks taken aback and in shock.
"How did you know?"
"I'm not stupid you know!"
He scoffed.
"Yeah? You could've had me fooled!"
"He's calling me stupid now grandma!" I said, as childishly as possible.
"Well, you're granddaughter here asked Leo, which may I just say, is the school's ultimate dickhead, just to make me jealous! She sent like 10 heart emojis to him! Who does that?"
My grandma gasped again.
He stuck his tongue out at me playfully.
"Why did you let him move in? He literally walks around shirtless in his own room!"
"She sings! She sings when she showers like she's Adele or something and its horrible!"
We playfully glared at each other. I felt kinda surprised that he actually remembered everything that we did to each other, from start to finish.
"When I asked for your love story, I meant like loving gazes while you guys tell your side of the story not bicker like an old married couple! " My grandma pretended to be appalled at us.
We chuckled in embarrassment.
"So... Liz Henderson huh?" My grandmother teased, making me go deep red.
"I'm 18!" I laughed out of embarrassment.
"Still legal." Sean muttered into my ear,making me punch his rock-hard chest lightly.
"Don't you children have some date planned?" She reminded us with a small wink and a smile.
"Do we?" Sean teased and pretended that he forgot while I rolled my eyes.
"I'll go get ready! Give me like... 10 minutes!" I said eagerly, trudging up the stairs.
"I'll help to close up the Pizzeria then." He said, flashing me a smile that made my heart leap.

"Shit shit shit. Casual? what even is casual? A dress? Jeans?" I sift through my clothes in the wardrobe.
"This!" I tried on the white dress before immediately shaking my head.
"Nono! This!" I tried on a flowery crop top that still looked weird for a first date.
Damn. I laid on my bed, slightly exhausted and my 10 minutes already up. I laid there in my bra and my jeans, feeling frustrated.
All of a sudden, the door opened and Sean's head peeped in, causing my hands to immediately shoot up to cover myself.
"Woah! You should learn to lock the door!" He chuckled in amusement, turning his face away, not even seeming embarrassed or awkward.
"Wha- you should learn to knock!" I threw a pillow at him.
I quickly rushed to some grey hoodie and wore it quickly.
"You took too long." He stated.
"I took like... 11minutes." I argued as I rush to slip some random grey hoodie on.
He took a small peek at me once he heard me shuffling around. I glared at him and he shot me a sheepish smile.
"I can't find anything to wear!" I groaned in frustration as I crossed my arms and looked at the pile of messy clothes.
"Grandma's gonna kill you." He chuckled as he looked towards the mess I made.
"I know!" I grumbled under my breath.
"You look fine!"
"I'm in a hoodie and jeans Sean." I rolled my eyes,feeling amused.
"And you look great!" He smiled before tugging my hand out and pulling me out of the room.