32 - Mistake

"Why did you choose me to hold the night she entered?"

Prince Wu Jian slammed his fist on the table – angry at the realization of Ruyi's treatment on their supposed wedding night.

In the beginning, he had purposely held another woman in order to taunt the bride he didn't want. Frankly, Wu Jian had wanted to tease his bride - tease that arrogant Marquess who boasted about his beautiful daughters. He had believe the Marquess' daughter would be just like her father - egotistical and spoil. He had thought to hurt her pride by holding another woman on her wedding night.

But he made a mistake.

The moment he grabbed Ruyi arm and forced her to look up at him, Wu Jian realized he had made a mistake. Her clear amber eyes held something he never saw in any else - innocence.

There have been plenty of women in and out of his bed - gifts from his enemies or his allies. Every one of them have been beautiful and stunning. But Ruyi was a different type of beauty - or rather, she was a different type of human. No one could be that pure. But Ruyi was pure white - not just the way she looks but her soul was white.

So at the sudden reminder of how he had treated Ruyi on their wedding night, Wu Jian was angry with guilt. If he would have gone see his bride, it would have been different. If he gone and see Ruyi that night, he would have wooed her carefully. If he had gone to see her, he would have gotten her trust. But it all was too late. What's done is done and now all he could do is slowly repair things.

"She will always remember me and how you held me on her wedding night"

Concubine Mei Lin laughed brokenly. She wanted to hurt him because she was hurt.

"Even now, she is crying because you're here with me"

Everyone was shaking in fear seeing the concubine was playing with fire.

"Of course, my lovely Ruyi is crying now"

To everyone surprise, the Prince smile.

"My Ruyi..."

My Ruyi – Concubine Mei Lin never heard the man spoke anyone name with such adoration. The pale woman could not compare an ounce to her beauty, but she was able to capture the Prince heart. Concubine Mei Lin did her best for three years and still she couldn't get the Prince to say her name. Ruyi had been with the Prince for three months and already have him wrapped around her finger.

"Make sure lotus roots and catfish are prepared. My Ruyi loves them"

Wu Jian stood, his anger gone while he gave orders to prepare his Wang Fei favorite meal.

"I should go" The Prince was muttering to himself. "Before she does something foolish"

Concubine Mei Lin was stunned. She was completely ignored. Even after her taunting words, the Prince barely got angry - instead, he was concerned for his Wang Fei.

"Oh"

Prince stopped at the door and turned to look at Concubine Mei Lin with a bored expression.

"Disappear before the night falls. All of you" He then glance at the guards outside the doors. "Kill anyone who refuse leave"

While the Prince left, his last instruction was heard.

"And tear down this place. I don't want my Wang Fei to ever step foot in here, dirtying her shoes"

Concubine Mei Lin's mind and soul were gone – utterly desolated. To the man she loved all her life, she was nothing but trash to him. Laughing madly with tears streaming down her face, she realized how foolish she had been.