- So much staring -

Chapter five •                                      

-
  I was silently fuming in my seat.

That good for nothing twerp was still in my head after yesterday's oh so friendly encounter by the library! Yet, stupid me couldn't escape the many thoughts so terribly focused on him. My brain was melting into a puddle of idiots!

It also didn't help, that right now, I could feel him staring at me. I could just tell it was his eyes burning holes into the back of my head.

Why the hell was my 'mate' staring me down, anyways? He's probably sitting there, in all his smug glory like he's the little shit, Joffrey. Well too bad, I am no Stansa from season one of Game Of Thrones! I am me, a stubborn little wolf-critter that loves food and sleep! Though...It doesn't sound all that honourable either, but hey, at least I'm no smitten girl with love-heart eyes directed at an asshole!

Goodness, I really needed to stop watching television shows, it's all I have going for me.

I felt a quick nudge on my arm. I eyed Felix, "What?"

"Burgers after school?" He whispered, clicking the pen in his hand and raising his brows. I didn't need to think twice about it, I was already nodding. It's food. What freak am I to say no to it? Especially burgers of all things.

The bells suddenly rang, I shot up out of my seat like a metal spring and stupidly glanced over my shoulder. The grip on my backpack (which I was lifting up) loosened as I met eye contact with the devil. Who, shot me a glare. Hm?

So, the loser has been staring at me the entire time, glaring? Wow. He needs a hobby. Specifically a hobby across the globe. Maybe one involving daggers, particularly aimed at his forehead.

"Your smile is creepy. Stop it," Felix grumbled, breaking me from my angelic thoughts.

When I blinked, I realised whose face my eyes were trained on. Great, I was smiling while staring at Theo. Though, I was surprised to see the glare on his expression intensify, his face displaying sudden disdain. Why the hell was he angry at me? Because I smiled at him?

He needs a bone to chew on like the little dog he is.

Boy, I really was in a snappy mood today.

Coolly glancing away from him, I threw my backpack over my shoulder and headed out of the classroom. It was already lunchtime, my stomach was grumbling and the library was far too boring for my liking.

Lately, the uptight hufflepuff woman only known as the 'mean librarian' was constantly on my back. It was irritating sitting there, feeling her pesky eyes glance in my direction with an aim to catch me out. At one point I thought she even crawled between bookshelves just to keep an eye on me.

All this because she's shocked to see people actually conversing inside a library? Goodness.

Felix even swore he once saw her do a back flip from the cramped upstairs section as her way of sneaking around, only to (which was literally as small as an apartment balcony) bust two students making out. At first I doubted the insane little woman with a Croatian accent and a height of roughly 4'11 to do something like that, but seeing her behaviour was starting to make the story plausible.

So, today was the day.

The day I return back towards the cafeteria that is.

Lame.

Unfortunately, the food was tacky and sloppy, I wanted nothing more than a good meaty steak, but beggars can't be choosers. I dropped my tray on the wooden table and sat down on the bench chair.
It was a non-talking conversation involving chewing and swallowing, until both Felix and I paused completely.