Eleven

"Danielle! I need you to sit still," Hermione cried out, tired of her daughter moving every second. She was trying to sew her costume for Halloween and she couldn't get her to sit still enough for her to get a stitch in.

"But mummy I want to play with Scorp!" The little girl replied, bouncing up and down in her seat.

"You can play with Scorpius when I'm done, I have to get your costume finished before Halloween so you can wear it out for trick-or-treating."

"Okay, mummy." Danielle sat still after that, allowing Hermione to finish up the last few stitches on her princess costume.

"There, all done!" Hermione clapped, smiling down at her daughter. "Let me get this off of you and then you can go play with your brother, okay?"

Hermione helped her daughter stand up on the chair, careful to not rip the fabric she just sewed together.

"Alright dear, mummy's going to help you get out of that dress. Raise up your arms."

Danielle raised her arms and Hermione slowly pulled the dress up and over her head. "Alright, you can go play now."

The little girl smiled before jumping off the seat, running toward the playroom to play with her brother.

. . .

"James, Albus, Lily," Ginny sighed. "Please don't make such a mess for Aunt Hermione to have to clean up."

Ginny had come over with her three children so the kids could all have a play date while the two girls caught up.

"Don't worry about it, Gin," Hermione laughed. "They're perfectly okay."

She nodded and went into the kitchen to make some tea for herself and Hermione. The children ran off to go play in the play room.

"So how've you been?" Ginny asked once Hermione entered the kitchen.

"I've been good. A bit tired now that I have the children, but good nonetheless."

"And how's Draco," she asked, a bit curious as to what the answer would be.

"Draco's good. We've been getting along really well, haven't really had any problems. The kids absolutely adore him."

Ginny laughed, "Never thought I'd see kids loving Draco Malfoy. Let alone his own. I didn't really peg him as the guy to settle down and have a family, but maybe this project will change him."

"Maybe," Hermione agreed, lost in thought after what Ginny had said.

She didn't know if it was obvious to anyone, but Hermione was certain that she was falling for him and she only hoped that something could maybe blossom from this partnership.

. . .

Ginny had left with her kids about an hour ago and Hermione was now stood in then kitchen making dinner. She was thankful that she had finished making Danielle's costume for tomorrow earlier since she definitely didn't have any energy to finish it later tonight.

The smell of chicken and chicken nuggets wafted through the air, calling her children to the table. She had just pulled them from the oven and was finishing up the mac n cheese and salad when Draco entered the house, the children running up to him from their seats at the dining table.

Draco hugged the two children before ushering them back to their seats, sitting down himself a bit surprised that they were eating in tonight.

"You felt like cooking tonight, huh?" He asked curiously.

Hermione shook her head. "Just too tired to get them dressed and to the great hall."

Draco nodded, telling her that he'd clean up afterward so she could get to sleep. Hermione thanked him and sat down at the table as well. She had already fixed plates for Danielle and Scorpius, handing them their chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, and little bit of salad.

The two children ate in silence for once, clearly tired from their play date earlier. Hermione took a piece of chicken from the pan, as well as salad from the bowl and some mac n cheese from the pot on the stove. Draco did the same but stopped in front of the pot of mac n cheese.

"What's this?" He asked.

"That's mac n cheese," Hermione explained. "It's pasta with cheese."

Draco nodded and put a little on his plate, wanting to try the yellowish orange looking food he had never seen before.

. . .

When they were done eating Draco told Hermione to go to bed, that he'd take care of getting the children to bed as well. She smiled gratefully at him, trudging off to their shared bedroom and shutting the door behind her.

"Okay, daddy's going to do the dishes real quick. Go to your rooms and get on your pajamas. I'll be in soon to help you brush your teeth and tuck you in," Draco said to the two kids.

The two nodded before running off tiredly to their rooms to change into their pajamas. Draco then took his wand and pointed them at the plates, muttering a quick spell. He watched as they all floated up and toward the sink, beginning to wash theirselves.

Draco nodded approvingly and walked toward the kids' shared bathroom, helping them each brush their teeth before tucking them into their separate beds. He took a quick look at the kitchen, pleased with the cleanliness of it before opening the door to his shared room with Hermione and shutting it behind him.

He walked into the bathroom and got himself ready for bed, brushing his own teeth and changing into a new pair of boxers. Draco walked out of the bathroom shirtless, the boxers the only thing on his body.

That's how he had always slept and that's how he would always continue to sleep, no matter how many times Hermione asked him not to. He knew she secretly enjoyed it as the two had been getting a lot closer.

Draco crawled into his side of the bed, getting under the covers before quietly whispering nox, the lights turning out immediately.

He turned onto his side for the witch that laid beside him. She rolled into him as soon as she felt his presence next to her. A small smile formed on Draco's lips as he felt the contact, closing his eyes and embracing her.