Chapter 18: The Reveal

"I can't really talk too well when I'm being crushed," she choked out.

"Oh, yeah, sorry," said Mr. Grizz.

He got off of Callie and backed up.

"You guys can go," Marie said. "I want to talk to Callie."

"Okay," said Sheldon. "Call if something goes wrong!"

The rest of them went back to Marie's car and waited, which left Callie and Marie.

"So, why did you do all of this," asked Marie, sitting down on the floor.

Callie sat down too, looking defeated.

"I... I really don't know," she answered. "I don't know what I was thinking."

"There has to be a reason," said Marie.

"Well, Octavio talked to me while he was in his snow globe," she explained. "He told me that I would be a perfect leader for the Octolings. He said that he would handle the Octarians. And for some reason I believed him. It sounded so promising. He said the Octolings loved me. I... I don't know what I was thinking."

Then she burst out in tears and fell into Marie's arms.

"Calm down, Callie," Marie said. "It's okay."

"But... But I did something horrible," she cried. "I splatted you. I SPLATTED YOU!"

"I know," replied Marie. "You weren't thinking right. But I'm okay."

"I turned on all of my friends for these evil loving Octolings. But they're not evil loving!" she said. "Octavio brainwashed all of them. We need to save them!"

"Yes, I agree," said Marie. "But before we do that, let's get you home."

"Marie, do you still love me?" asked Callie.

"What?" she said. "Of course I do. Nothing could ever change that."

"Good," said Callie. "Because I still love you."

Then Callie and Marie went to Marie's car and got in with Sheldon and the others.

"You did it, Marie!" said Sheldon.

"Yeah, so bring us home," she said.