Chapter 3: A Desolate Place

"Come out" Seyran exclaimed coldly. She could sense a presence with her, but was unable to locate its real position. It was annoying to say the least.

Concentrating once more, she created another fire on her palm, a little quicker this time, and before it even had the time to form itself correctly it had been snuffle once again. The damn thing was daring! Searching around the little room and seeing nothing had her furrowed her brows. Was it that it could become invisible?

She stopped trying to exteriorize her mana. Magic shouldn't be use haphazardly. Feeding others while her own reserves were barely enough to be manipulated wasn't something she would do. This body of hers had been strengthened by mana and like it should, it would certainly render her unable to use more mana if it felt her reserves too low. She was powerless at the moment it seemed and that realization, the one who had once been a queen ruling over bellicose beings with undeniable supremacy, didn't like it at all!

Her mouth twitched the sole sign of annoyance on her face as she decided to even the score another time.

Seyran closed her eyes, breathed in, and dived in the now boiling water, not letting a single strand of hair outside. Far from suffering her body was soothed by the temperature; it was a sensation far better than it had been in Unzu and her pores were giving her the impression of basking in energy. She had always been okay with heat and now it seemed it can restore her mana as well. So she brought her face out to breathe a few time before returning down the water. However, that new ability was limited in time she concluded when she started feeling uncomfortable after a little while. Even so she tried staying under the water with her breath caught, longer this time, wanting, needing more mana. Without it she wasn't feeling herself, not really anyway; but then again she needed to breath not able to hold it in any longer. She surged out, heavily breathing. The bubbles of boiling water were now splashing and bursting violently around her and her pale white skin started to turn red. She chewed her lips, not liking that this body hadn't been reinforced enough in her early years to let her play with the heat as she pleased.

It had been good the time it lasted anyway. She let out a contented sigh -her aching body no longer aching as previously and her eyes no longer killing her- as her feet touched the wooden floor, wetting it. Her feet were light and steady as she stopped by the basin near the entrance. Wrapping herself with the big towel in the recipient, and with the smaller one that was at the bottom, she rubbed her hair and wrapped it too, she closed her eyes and delighted herself with the steam around her. As little as her playing time had been, it had still been beneficial for she was now in a better shape than last night.

Almost sliding the rice paper, she stopped her movement and gave the room a last gaze. She inspected the place for a time still feeling that presence by her side but still unable to see it. Not being in a position of power wasn't something she was used to and Seyran wouldn't start being used to it now. But using magic against an unidentified opponent without knowing his characteristics wasn't wise and, looking at her palm, it would just be feeding him her mana anyway. That thing seemed okay gulping down the fire she created and it even feasted on the mana she concentrated on her palm so no, it wasn't the time to confront it.

Seyran slide the rice paper and she was back in her bedroom. In the middle of the place, on a wooden hanging, were hung new clothes. They were white with red chrysanthemums at the bottom. Touching it, she found the first material smooth, the second, under, was even smoother. The following one was a little rough compared to the firsts. The style of clothing was like the one she had remove before her bath; way too many folders in her opinion. That kind of many sleeves where was the use of them? So, she only took the outer garment, the silk used as undergarment hanging by the other side and the socks that were on them. She hung the towels on an empty space of the hanging, letting them to dry here.