2

Amelia

My phone is dead when I wake up, so I have no idea what time it is – or what day it is – which totally stresses me out.

When I jump off the bed, I see my backpack and suitcase sitting next to the door. Mom must have put it in here last night. I grab my phone charger from my bag and plug it in. When it finally comes on, it tells me the time is 10am.

After unpacking the stuff in my suitcase, I decide to go for a shower since I'm still in the clothes from yesterday, and feel really gross. Grabbing some clean underwear and shorts and a t-shirt, I take them into the bathroom next to my room, along with my shower gels and shampoo. The shower is easy to work so luckily I don't have to go knocking on people's doors asking one of them to help me turn on a shower.

I turn off the shower when I'm done and pull the shower curtain back, then step out. There are towels folded neatly on top of a set of drawers, but before I get the chance to take one, the door swings open.

A tall boy with dark features like his Mom is stood in the doorway, his eyes bulging out when he sees me standing there, completely naked.

"What the fuck!" I scream and my hands scatter to grab a towel and cover myself with it. His jaw slacks, his lips parting, and he stands there frozen from the sight of me, then he eventually steps back and slams the door.

Well, I definitely can't stay here now.

As soon as i'm dressed and back to my room, I google 'what to do when the guy you need to live with sees you naked'. All that comes up is porn videos.

I put my wet hair up in a bun, and go downstairs. Some of the boys are in the living room and I walk fast through to the kitchen, hoping they didn't see me. One of the boys I don't know yet is sitting at the table eating cereal, Mom and Yasmin are talking while they chop vegetables, and the one who saw me naked is emptying the dish washer. Is it too late to slip out of here-

"Hey Amelia," Yasmin says. The boy spins around to me, nearly dropping a glass. Our eyes meet for a second, then he turns away. "Your Mom's teaching me how to make her special stir-fry," she smiles at Mom.

"How'd you sleep, A?" Mom asks.

"Good."

"There's cereal in that cupboard beside Alex," Yasmin nods towards the boy who saw me naked. That's Alex?

Oh sweet jesus.

"I'm good, thanks." I'd rather starve than get close to him. I'm pretty much dying from embarrassment just being in the same room as him.

"We haven't met yet," the boy at the table says. "I'm Carlos." I smile at him.

"You're quiet today," Mom says, calling me out. Thanks Mother.

Think of an excuse, Amelia. Think!

"I'm- uh, I um-" Everyone looks at me except Alex.

Good one, A. You totally got yourself out of that.

"I'm-gonna-go-get-some-of-my-stuff-from-Meredith," I say all in one breath and speed out the door. What is wrong with me?