Chapter 2

It's been one week since Camila transferred to Miami High. One week since her new life started. One week since she made new friends. Her circle is small, Dinah, Normani, Lauren and occasionally Alycia and Nick. She still hasn't figured out what type of relationship Lauren and the Australian girl have...It's a weird flirty friendship but that's all it is, or so she thinks. From what she could understand without actually asking and being intrusive, Nick has problems with his parents, and Lauren, being his friend, let's him crash at her place when he needs to. That made her think of her differently. The first day she saw her at lunch, she wasn't the most comfortable person to be around, the constant smirk and the attitude had made the smaller girl feel mixed emotions towards her. But now, one week later, one week of working on a stupid Science project with her practically every night and one week of her being helpful and just...nice overall, she thinks they have potential to become really good friends.

"Camila, I need your help with this, you keep zoning out," Lauren speaks softly from the girl's bed she's laying on, on her stomach with a book and a notebook in front of her.

Camila shuts her eyes for a second, trying to get herself together, she's so tired. It's around 7 PM and she just wants to crawl in bed, talk to her boyfriend and sleep. "I'm sorry, I'm gonna make myself a coffee, I'm falling asleep. I'll be right back, okay?"

Lauren nods and scrolls through her phone while waiting for the girl to get back. Five minutes later, she isn't back. Lauren sighs and gets up from the comfortable bed. After hearing a noise coming from the kitchen, she quickly makes her way downstairs. "Camila?"

"Goddammit!" Camila whisper-yells, her hands fumbling around the coffee machine. She looks irritated, exhausted and stressed out. Lauren frowns and slowly makes her way to the girl, placing her warm hands on top of hers and pries them off. Camila jumps at the contact. God, she needs sleep.

"I'll fix it."

Camila lets her, she honestly doesn't have strength for anything else. So she leans against the counter opposite to the coffee machine. "I don't know what I did wrong..."

Lauren doesn't respond, with her back to the girl, she sees the coffee capsule placed in the wrong direction, she quickly fixes it and turns around to face the girl. "It's fixed," Camila rubs her eyes and sighs tiredly, Lauren leans against the counter, moving next to the girl, "We can continue tomorrow if you want? You're too tired, you should go sleep."

Camila looks at the green eyes staring at her, "This is stressing me out, we're not even halfway done yet and it's due next week. We need to get this done."

"Camila, we weren't going to get it all done today, and we still have one week left. Besides, we definitely weren't going to get anything done with you like this," Lauren explains calmly and Camila swears, her voice is good to put people to sleep, it's soft and chill, she likes hearing it. "Why are you so tired anyway?"

Camila groans, "I had gym today...I'm still tired from the whole moving process, I got stressed out because I didn't have time to call Austin, and I haven't talked to him all day, we have an assignment due next week, I got home and had to go pick up my sister from softball practice and then went grocery shopping with my mom..."

Lauren listens intently and agrees, that sounds tiring, "I know you had gym...I have gym with you, dumbass," Camila giggles at that, "And I can understand why you're tired, which is why we'll continue this tomorrow and on Sunday as well. I'll call you."

Camila nods and thanks God Lauren is actually doing this, because she couldn't handle another hour working on that project. "Okay, thank you Lauren," She smiles and the girl smiles back.