jasmine - dpr live

"You don't have to stay awake just to keep me company, if you're feeling tired. I know that this is a long ride."

He chuckled at his own joke as he glanced at Minah's reflection through his car mirror. Her hands were loosely gripped around her seatbelt, preparing herself for a quick bolt out of the car just in case he was planning to do something she didn't approve of. He could sense her vigilance which frankly speaking amused him more than anything else.

"What makes you think I'm doing this for you?" she scowled, "I'm simply not- tired."

Those last words of lies were hard to spit out as she gulped to suppress her yawn. Being unconscious whilst directly next to the country's deadliest assassian was a dangerous game Minah wasn't willing to participate in. She was already putting her life on the line by asking for his partnership.

It didn't help that he had somehow managed to find her rundown apartment, showing up at her doorstep saying he wanted to discuss their plans further but only if she was willing to let him take her to the only place Namjoon thought was safe enough to plan their mission. It was a proposal that's wasn't without its fair share of ominousity, therefore as Minah prepared to leave her house, she slipped in her trusted pocket knife into the side thigh pocket of her cargo trousers.

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders and focussed on the deserted road brightly lit by his headlights. They were on the road travelling non stop for hours heading towards one of the most secluded part of the country, deep in the mountains where not even a navigator could help. Luckily for Namjoon, he had more than ten years to familiarise himself to the area.

"When are we going to get- Woah!"

Minah's eyes widened as she ducked her head to get a better look at the large modern architecture standing hidden amongst the thick trees that surrounded it like bodyguards. As Namjoon drove a little more to the left, the magneficent building was fully exposed to be appreciated in all it's glory. He pulled over in front of a white garage door, it's colour matching the rest of the aesthetics of the house.

She stepped out of the car, her eyes still studying the house which she presumed was Namjoon's. Who would've guessed that in between a jungle lied quite literally a massive white box, where full length windows replaced what would've typically been a wall. It allowed her to see the interior of the house and as much as her eyes were pleased by the house's beauty, she felt a little unnerved with the lack of privacy the grand windows were providing.

There were two floors, with the second one having a wide balcony that gave a wonderful view of the mountains behind the house as well as the distant city which they'd left.

"Let's go in."

Namjoon took the lead, walking down the concrete pathway to the entrance, with Minah cautiously trailing behind, still trying to familiarise herself with her environment.

"Don't you think having windows covering your house is a little too unsafe?"

He looked back at her and laughed, "Try breaking the window and see for yourself."

Of course. How foolish of her to assume that he hadn't considered any design flaws which could harm his safety.

Once they got to the door, Namjoon pressed a few numbers on a keypad beside it which had a large screen just above it. The screen brightened up, its bright green colour reflecting on Namjoon's black trench coat. An outline of a hand appeared on the screen and he spread his right palm on it. They waited as the small computer scanned his handprints and soon enough, the door was unlocked. Minah stepped back, her arms slightly rising as if she was ready to fight.

Automatically, the thick door slid sideways, disappearing into a gap. She let out a sigh, dropping her arms to her side. He led the way, the sound of his heels clicking against the white marble flooring eerily echoed around the grand interior of the house.

For a room that was triple the size of her own, there wasn't much that filled the large space. The minimal items that decorated the room probably amounted to the same as her belongings in her house. Obviously, Namjoon's decorations were worth much more than her second hand items she'd gotten from an elderly neighbour who passed away prior to her moving in.

The room consisted of a TV, sofa, coffee table, kitchen and a few pictures propped against the thin strips of walls between windows. Everything else was empty space. There were two stairs on the opposite ends of the room that spiraled up to the second floor, which could be viewed from the ground.

"Make yourself at home."

Minah looked around to see where he was, only to see he had gone all the way to the kitchen and was making two cups of coffee whilst she was admiring the place.

Eventually they were sitting quietly, opposite eachother. Namjoon was downing his coffee, sighing with every gulp. But Minah had barely touched hers.

"Don't you like coffee?" he asked.

She shook her head, "I don't enjoy the bitterness."

Namjoon laughed. "I'm surprised. Judging by your personality, that is."

Minah ignored him and let her eyes wonder around the room. A picture on the wall of a smiling young man with his arm slung around the shoulders of a small boy caught her eyes. The boy couldn't possibly be anyone other than Namjoon, the dimples and the smile was almost identical. Beside it was another photograph of the same two guys except they looked a couple of years older now. This time, Namjoon towered over the man as they put their arms over eachother, smiling at the camera with the backdrop of the Great Canyon behind them.

"What made you want to become an assassin?"

Namjoon looked at her as he sipped from his mug. "Why do you want to know?"

"If we are going to work together then we might as well start trusting eachother."

"I hired an assassin to kill my step-father when I was fourteen. That's him in the pictures," he said, pointing to the photographs she saw earlier.

Minah tried not to show a reaction with the shocking confession.

"How on earth did you get the money to hire one?"

"I stole from my stepfather and used my own pocket money."

"What about your mum?"

"She was forced to be a sex worker by him and on my tenth birthday she didn't come home. She never did and I'm glad she didn't because wherever she went, at least she was away from his abuse," said Namjoon as he sat his mug on the table before him.

Minah lowered her eyes to the ground, she was at loss of words.

"How can you talk about it so nonchalantly?"

"I have had years to get over it. Well actually, I don't think I have. It's just that I stopped caring, I stopped caring about a lot of things," he said, "This isn't fair. Why are you asking all the question?"

"Because you are still mysterious to me and I don't know if I should trust you or not."

"Ditto," he said, clicking his fingers.

"Ask me anything then. What do you want to know?" she said, leaning back on the sofa.

"You mentioned last time that Blue hurt the two people you loved the most..."

"The fact that my boyfriend was in his gang drove him to commit suicide and my new born child with him was murdered in the hands of Blue. I was wrongly sent to prison for a crime I did not commit whilst that dickhead still parades around as a free man. The justice system did me wrong and I don't trust them to help me at all which is why I have to take matters into my own hands."

"Ouch and you say I'm the one being nonchalant."

"I've been locked up for ten years. My mental state isn't exactly the most sane."

"Truthfully speaking, I was very reluctant to be your partner before because I felt your morality would get the better of you and you would quit half way. You have to be a certain type of fucked up to want to kill someone."

A/N: Im baaaack after more than a month. And Merry Christmas!!!! How have you all been? Since my last update a lot has happened, I've been studying more and now I also have a job which is pretty crazy. So yeah thats been preventing me from updating and also I felt really unmotivated. I'm sorry to say but I don't know when my next update will be. But I'm always around on wattpad 😊😊