sixteen - bullshit

noel

I woke up to the alarm on my phone, quickly shutting it off. I literally got zero sleep last night. My thoughts kept me up all night. So much for getting sleep.

I hobbled out of bed and started my morning routine. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and hands, and then got dressed. I wore a thrasher hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans. I threw on a pair of my converse, grabbed my phone, earbuds, and bookbag and headed downstairs. I grabbed a bottle of water and a handful of grapes out of the fridge and headed out.

I decided to listen to some music on my way to school. I put in my earbuds and The Hills by The Weeknd came on. I tapped my finger along to the beat, but was soon interrupted when my earbuds were ripped out of my ears.

"Hey, you thought you could walk the streets of Chicago without me," Tucker asked, wrapping both of his arms around me.

"I'm just walking to school, Tuck," I argued.

"It can still be a dangerous walk, El. You never know what could be waiting for you around the corner," he stated.

"Whatever. Are you my guardian angel now," I asked sarcastically.

"Are you kidding? I've always been your guardian angel, ever since you were born," he joked.

"That's unlikely considering I'm older than you by four months," I stated, putting an earbud in my ear as Tucker put the other in his ear.

"Why are you always so serious," he asked, his small smile turning into a sarcastic frown. I pursed my lips and shrugged. "You seem to be in a better mood today."

"Just trying to stay positive. For now atleast," I said, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You want me to kick his ass for you? 'Cause I totally will," he said. For a minute there, I couldn't tell if he was being serious or just joking, which made me worry a little bit.

"I'd like to see you try," I stated. "Carl can take anything one handed." Tucker just shrugged.

We finally got to school with three minutes until the bell rings. Tucker and I went our separate ways. He went to his locker, I went to mine. I grabbed all of the books I'd need for my morning classes and headed to biology.

I walked in, seeing Carl already in his seat next to Nick and my heart began to beat a thousand times faster. I kept my head up and walked to my seat in confidence, not making any sort of contact with him or anyone else in the classroom.

I sat down in my seat and pretended like I was getting ready for class. I saw Carl staring at me from the corner of my eye, but I tried my hardest not to pay any attention to it.

"Oh, uh, hi Noel," Dominique awkwardly greeted me as she sat down in the seat next to me.

"Don't talk to her," Carl half yelled at Dominique, earning my attention. Dom didn't say another word, she kept her eyes pointed at the white board. I rested my head on my hand, turning away from Dom as I waited for class to begin. "Hey, El? Can we talk now?"

"Class is about to start," I mumbled just as the bell rang. He sighed, taking his phone out of his pocket.

"Okay, class," the teacher said. "Open up your books to page 164, read, and began the activity on page 165. Make sure you read the instructions carefully." I did as the teacher said until I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

💔💔💔: can we text?

Babygirl😩❤️: now?

💔💔💔: yes now.