Chapter 16: Therapy and Dates

- ALEXANDERS POV -
Walking hand in hand down the street, I admit to Thomas exactly how nervous I am.

"Thomas. I'm really, really anxious about this." I say, looking up at him with a worried face.

"Alex, it's alright. Remember, I'm there every step of the way and the therapist is super nice. Think of her as... Eliza, maybe." He tells me, lifting my hand and kissing it. We walk into the office and the woman from yesterday greets us.

"Hi! You can sign in and just wait over there until the therapist comes to get you!"

"Thank you so much." Thomas says, signing my name and appointment time down. We walk to the black chairs and wait, scrolling through our social medias, for about 2 minutes.  Then, a woman in a maroon shirt and gold skirt walks out and smiles at us.

"Alexander Hamilton?" I stand up and wave a little, looking at the ground. I feel like a 6 year old. Thomas takes my hand and introduces us.

"I'm Thomas Jefferson. Alexander is my boyfriend. He's a little... shy."

"That's perfectly alright. Why don't you guys follow me!" She leads us to a light blue room. It reminds me of Eliza and I calm down a little bit.

"So, Alexander. I'm Dr. Soo, and I'll bee your therapist." We shake hands. She looks a little like Eliza. It's weird.

"Can you tell me about yourself a little?" She asks. I nod and draw in a hesitant breath.

"I was born on an island in the Caribbean, its called Nevis. My mother died when I was young and my father wasn't around. I have a brother. I moved to New York when I was 13. Thomas is my SoulMate. I go to college nearby. I have anxiety, depression and PTSD. I've attempted suicide 4 times." I say the last 2 sentences fast and quiet. She nods, and looks a little sad, but smiles.

"Well, I'm Phillipa Soo. I'm engaged to be married soon, and I've been working in therapy for 6 years. It's very nice to meet you and I hope I can be of some assistance to you." She smiles again and this time, I smile back. We talk for a while about basic get-to-know-you things. When I tell her I write a lot, she beams and tells me about a friend of hers.

"I have a friend, his name is Lin. He actually looks pretty similar too you, oddly. He writes a ton too. He's actually written a few musicals!" She tells me.

"Wow. That takes a lot of skills, I would assume." I'm impressed by this Lin guy. We continue to talk until Dr. Soo's phone rings. It's an alarm.

"I'm afraid our time is up. But I look forward to seeing you on Saturday!" She says.

"Thank you. Until Saturday!" I wave sheepishly and walk out, releasing a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

"See, it wasn't that bad." Thomas says.

"Yeah, it was better than I thought it would be, that's for sure." I say. We walk down the street together, like we always do. It was only 3 pm. We had quite a few hours ahead of us and nothing to do. I was trying to come up with ideas of what to do when Thomas interrupted my thoughts.

"So, love..." he begins. I look up at him and he continues.

"So... when I found out we were SoulMates I wanted to take you on a date. A little while ago I set up a date at this new and really nice Caribbean food place, and the date is tonight.." he says, a bit of hesitation in his voice.