seventeen - aunt daniella

noel

"Noel... why didn't you say any of this before," Carl asked.

"Because you're Carl Gallagher. I was afraid to admit to anyone that I liked you. I barely even admitted it to myself," I told him.

"I always felt the same, I think," he said. "All I know for sure now is that I love you and no one else. I just want to go back to the way things were. Can you forgive?"

"I don't know if I can," I answered truthfully. "I mean, I still need some time to think about this."

"Well... let me know when you've made up your mind. I'll wait for you," he stated. I nodded and turned to walk away. "I love you, El," he called.

"I love you, too," I whispered, but I don't think he heard me.

•••

Tucker had yearbook club after school, so I walked home alone. All I can think about is how much I miss Carl. I wish I was in his arms right now.

I tried to push my feelings aside as I walked up my front steps and walked in the house. Once I walked in, the smell of brownies being baked in the oven hit me. It smells so goo- Wait, when did I make brownies, I asked myself. I slowly took my pocket knife out of my jacket pocket and slowly crept into the kitchen.

My pocket knife fell to the ground once I recognized the person standing in my kitchen.

"Aunt Daniella," I cheered, she lifted her head up and a big, happy smile formed on her face.

"Oh, hi, I didn't hear you come in," she said, pulling me into a warm hug.

"What are you doing back from college," I asked her as we both pulled away from the hug.

"I graduated early," she cheered. "I didn't want a big celebration, though."

"Wait, how," I asked, taking my jacket off and setting on the counter.

"I did summer school and got everything done then," she stated. "You should do that when you go to college. It's so much easier." (a/n: btw guys, idk if you can actually do this in college, i just made it up lol)

"Wow, does my dad know," I questioned.

"No, I was gonna suprise him. When does he get off of work," she asked.

"Um, tomorrow," I laughed. "He's on a business trip with mom."

"Oh, he didn't tell me he was going on a business trip. Where'd he go?"

"Uh, he didn't say, actually. He just said they were going out of town and I didn't ask any questions," I shrugged.

"Uh, okay," she laughed. "Anyways, how are you? What's been going on?"

"A lot," my face fell a little bit.

"Who hurt you? Tell me so I can go kick their ass," her face turned serious and she crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's a really long story," I stated. She put her hand on my back and led me to the living room, sitting me on the couch.

"Go on," she demanded. I look a deep breath before telling her everything that happened these passed few days. Including what happened during lunch today.

"This Dom girl, do you know where she lives," Daniella asked me. I nodded my head yes, remembering how I had go there to work on a project before. "Okay, grab your jacket."

"What," I half yelled in a panicked voice.

"We're gonna go get Carl and walk over to this Dom's house. You said her dad is a cop, right?"