Date Night

Hey hey hey, it's ...! Can anyone finish that sentence? I'll give you a hint, it's a famous movie catch phrase and it's someone's name at the end of it.
________________________
Maya finished up her lip gloss and slipped on her heeled boots. Riley helped her pick out her outfit earlier that day when Simon told her he was going to take her to a restaurant outside of campus. Maya actually felt excited for her date that night. She couldn't wait to see if her and Simon would go anywhere.

"Maya can I ask you something serious?" Riley asked as she sat on her desk chair.

"You can ask me anything Riles." Maya answered giving her a duh look.

"Do you even have any feelings for Simon?" Riley asked as she played with her fingers in her lap looking up at Maya nervously. Maya smiled and tuned to Riley.

"I think he's really nice and sweet. He's really been there for me with this whole Josh thing. He's a great guy. I'm excited to see what comes out of tonight." Maya answered the best she could. Riley shook her head.

"That wasn't what I asked. Do you like him?" Riley asked. Maya sighed and looked at the floor.

"Not as much as I liked Josh if that's what you're asking. I don't think anyone can make me feel the way I felt about Josh." Maya confessed making Riley look at her sadly. "But lately all I have wanted to do is be with Simon. And for the first time I'm not really thinking about Josh when I'm with him. And your uncle is a hard person to forget about." Maya said. Riley smiled at her and nodded her head.

"Well then I approve. If he can make you happy then I'm happy for you." Riley said making Maya smile.

"Thanks Riley." Then there was a knock on the door making Maya get up to get it. Maya smiled when she opened it and saw a nervous looking Simon behind it. Simon looked at her and his mouth fell open.

"Wow Maya. You look gorgeous." Simon said as his eyes went wide.

Gorgeous. Maya shook off the pain that shot through her when she remembered that was what Josh would call her sometimes. Maya smiled and turned to look at Riley.

"Don't wait up." Maya said. Riley winked at her and out the door they went. Simon immediately linked their hands together as they started walking.

"So I was thinking. After dinner there is this really great spot I know that we can go and just talk." Simon said making Maya look at him and raise an eyebrow.

"Talk?" She asked as if she knew better. Simon chuckled and nodded his head.

"Yes Maya talk." He confirmed. Maya shook her head knowing that's not what he meant.
~
Simon and Maya had made it to the restaurant and were waiting on their food. They were in a booth sitting across from each other.

"So now that we're on a official date. I was thinking that we could get to know each other more." Simon said.

"More than we already do?" Maya teased sarcastically making Simon chuckle and nod his head.

"Yes more than we already do." Maya took a sip of her water before talking.

"Well what do you want to know?" Maya asked folding her arms over her chest tilting her head at him. Simon put on a thinking face as a joke making Maya laugh and roll her eyes.

"Tell me more about your dad." The smile vanished from Maya's face and was replaced by a small frown. "I'm sorry to forward? You don't have to say anything. I should have never asked." Simon said feeling guilty once he saw the reaction Maya gave.

"No it's okay. I just don't normally ever talk about him to anyone." Maya said shaking her head making Simon nod in understanding. "I pretty much gave you the story during our project." Maya said making Simon nod.

"Yeah but, that was just the basic. I want to know about everything." Maya nodded taking another sip from her drink before start into it.

"After my dad left I blamed my mom. I thought that it was her fault, I thought that she ran him off. Then after I realized that it wasn't my moms fault I started to blame myself. I thought that I had done something to make him leave because after he left he met someone else and had a little girl with that person to. Except he stayed with that person. He stayed with that little girl and left me. I became bitter and angry with him and with myself and I wouldn't believe any different." Maya explained the first part of her story with no emotion of her own.

"Where did Josh come in?" Simon asked making Maya smile.

"I formed a crush on Josh when I was thirteen years old. At first it was just a crush, I thought that once I got older that it would go away. When my feelings for him got stronger that's when I started to really look at him different. Shawn was the first thing that I ever let myself become hopeful for. At first I thought there was no way that Shawn would ever fall in love with my mom and become my dad. Then when it happened it taught me that hope really wasn't for suckers. So I started to hope for Josh too. Then Josh got so caught up at school that it was literally a year before I saw him again. And within that year I thought I had started to fall for Lucas." Maya explained making Simon narrow his eyebrows.

"Lucas?" He asked. Maya nodded her head and laughed.

"Yeah. It was a huge triangle with Riley, Lucas and I. It went on for most of that year Josh was gone. And then when he came back its when I realized that I was just trying to protect Riley." Simon shook his head in confusion.

"I don't understand." He said making Maya laugh.

"The triangle story is another long story within its self. I'd have to tell you sometime later." Maya explained making Simon nod his head. "Anyway that was the weekend that Josh admitted he liked me too. But because I had just turned fifteen and he was about to turn eighteen we decided that it was best to wait." Maya said nodding her head. Simon smirked.

"So he wanted to wait while you wanted to jump right into it." Simon corrected her making Maya continue to nod her head.

"Pretty much yeah. But I mean it was illegal so it's not like there was much I could do." Maya said making Simon smiled and nod his head. "I think that's why it hurt so much when he broke things off. I had just turned eighteen and we were finally able to start dating." Maya shrugged. "I guess you can't stop love." Simon gave her a sympathetic smile. "But that's all history now and I'm excited to see what my future holds." Maya said smiling and taking Simons hand in hers from across the table. Simon smiled huge and intwined his hand with hers. That smile was short lived though when he looked over and saw something, or somebody. Maya noticed this and became concerned. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine but I don't know if you're going to be." Simon said. Maya looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked. Simon nodded his head to the front entrance of the restaurant making Maya look over. She couldn't believe it. Standing in line waiting to be seated was Josh and Adrianna.
___________________________
Little cliff there. Not a huge one though. Let me know what you think! ❤️