Chapter Seven: Good Parents

"We have to send them away." I burst into Jasper's office after school.

It was our time for a meeting with the group since I was back from campus. It was just a couple of hours after lunch but today was the time for an early meeting.

"Hey, guys." I gave a quick greeting to Harper, Cory, and my brothers. "What's that?" I pointed to a small grey gadget on his desk.

"It disables any bugs that could have been placed. We're searching them out to destroy them. For now, as long as this is on, we're safe. Jason did a sweep on all the technology to kill off any bugs there was there." Jasper answered.

"Good." I looked at Jason. "I have some software that can do that on a larger scale if you'd like."

"Really?" Jason looked at me.

"Yeah. It can identify the bugs and location that they are transmitting to and it'll commence a..., self destruct code."

"It's going to blow up?" Jacob raised a brow.

"Any bug worth having is microscopic. If it blows up, it'll be less than a tiny puff of smoke." I shrugged.

"Send me the software." Jason sighed. "We can't take any chances."

"Consider it done. I just gotta go back into some of my old boxes and files." I nodded.

"Now, who are we sending away, baby?" Jasper asked.

"Andrew, Adam, and Ambrosia." I answered softly, leaning forward on his desk and looking down.

"Yeah," he sighed sadly. "I was thinking the same thing earlier." He frowned. "But where would we even send them?"

"I was thinking I might have the perfect place." I paused. "Your parents."

"My parents have been thinking of moving back." He answered.

"Yeah but maybe they can postpone that. I know you sister will be here soon but maybe your mom and dad will be okay with staying away a little longer. Your dad is every bit as strong as he was as alpha and your mom is fierce. Those two together could really protect our children, their grandchildren. Not to mention you have a younger brother there with them to help out."

"It makes since, bro." Jacob shrugged.

"Even if none of us like it." Jason sighed.

"None of us want the triplets to be gone," I said. "Right now, there's a threat against them and you and I have to be smart. Do you really think any of us is going to be at the top of our game if they stay? All of us, including the pack, will be worried about them. We have to keep warriors training and patrolling so that this place is safe for all of our pack members. I thought about this all day, Jas, it's the only thing that makes sense until we end this."

"I know." He answered me. "I know it does. It still makes me feel like shit. I don't want to send my children away for any time."

"I know but life is crazy right now and this needs to be done. It won't be long. We can chat with them every day and make sure they are well taken care of. We can even send a couple of extra guards with them."

He sighed. "Okay. I'll call my parents in the morning and let them know the situation. I'll tell them to put their plans on hold and that I need them to take their grandchildren for a while. Dad won't just let it go so I'll have to tell him what's going on."

"Okay." I nodded, swallowing the lump in my thrust. "It's for their own good." I reminded both of us. "So, what did I miss today?" I sat down in one of the chairs across the desk from Jasper.