Chapter 7

Kara's POV

          As J'onn said, I go and talk to Mon-El. He is punching a punching bag, while Winn measures his heart rate. At least Mon-El has a friend now, right?

          "Hey Mon-El. Look, I struggled with my powers at first too. I didn't know the extent of my strength. When I had only been here for about a month, I hugged my mom so hard that I broke a few ribs. I felt so bad, I cried for an hour while she was getting an x-ray. Then, I vowed to learn to control it better, and here I am now, a superhero." I did well. He looks inspired, so we train, which is what we always do. We can't I do fun things, like Alex and her new friend. I wish Lena was a cop or secret agent, or some sort of crime-fighter. Even though we haven't been on the best terms recently, it would be nice to hangout, find more common ground.

          I was so distracted, Mon-El punched me right in the jaw. Rao, I can't let my guard down like that! I stay focused for an hour longer, then decide to check out what Winn has found. He left a little after I got hit, and since then he is looking for where this fight club would be. We doubt that they would keep it in the same place.

          "Have you seen J'onn?" Alex comes running up, looking concerned. Winn and I look at each other, then both shake our head.

          "The last time I saw him was when he first arrived at the DEO."

          "Shit!" Alex looks so nervous.

          "What?"

          "Kara, connect the dots. There is an illegal fight club, which already has a Martian. When they get new competitors, they kidnap them. Winn, how do you know where this fight club is being held now?"

          "No, I can't find any trace of it. It is as if the club doesn't even exist. I did find out she is named Veronica Sinclair, but she goes by Roulette."

          "Kara, can you talk to Lena. She may know something. She probably has friends that go to the fight club." So, I know I was saying that I wanted to talk to Lena soon, but maybe not right now. Also, that was rude of Alex, just assuming Lena has bad friends. I'm her friend, sort of, and I'm not what one would call evil.

          "Yeah, I'll go now." I rush off, knowing we have to find J'onn soon. When I arrive, her assistant is pretty mad at me just barging in.

          "Lena, I'm so sorry. This is my fault."

          "She is so fast!" I probably would have chuckled, but this is not the time for jokes.

          "I need to talk to you." Lena is pretty today, as usual. She is wearing red. Red looks good on her. Lots of colors look good on her. I'm getting distracted a lot today.

          "Jess, can you make a note downstairs that Kara Danvers is to be shown in whenever possible." I hope I'm not blushing. I remember why I liked hanging out with her.

          "Yes Miss Luthor." Jess turns away and walks out, leaving us alone.

          "Really?" I'm shocked. She smiles, and I know she isn't joking. "Thank you."

          "Now, what can I do for you?"

          "I think a friend of mine has gotten involved in something shady." I can't give her too many specifics. I already slipped up when I said I flew here on a bus, so there isn't much room for error.

          "Your friend?" Is she jealous? I'm imagining it.

          "No, an actual friend. And now he's missing. Do you know of a woman named Veronica Sinclair? She caters to people in your circles."